What the Hell??

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
WTF!! I have just had an e-mail off my manager asking when I am going on maternity leave :dohh::shrug:

Bunch of bloody idiots :rofl: I'm 14weeks pregnant for goodness sake

Thats a bit cheeky, you dont need to tell them yet hun. You could always givem them an idea if you have one, check out your maternity policy. I haven't told work yet but i know when i'm going off.xx

Maybe they are planing a head so they can get someone to take your place?

I have thought about it and wanted to have 2weeks holiday before starting my maternity 2weeks before my due date, but I have problems with my hips which will be checked at 20 weeks and dont know how the rest of the pregnancy is going to progress due to this as I may need physio and a brace

Have you "officially" told your work your PG yet?

My manager has unofficially told me he wants to start planning my replacement asap ... so maybe theryre thinking ahead.

14 weeks seems a bit early though

Not officially. I have told my manager as I needed some information from her but I haven't told my big boss. They are a big company who are always taking people on and I would be easily replaced by someone from another contract as there are times when someone has nothing to do or a contract of their own to go on. I'm not required to tell them when I'm going until 15weeks before the baby is due, is that right??

Yeh it sounds like they just want to organise a temp so long. They're well within their right to do that.

It sounds cheeky but I'm sure it wasn't meant that way. I got lucky fortunately. My boss hasn't discussed any of this with me at all. When I went to see him about maternity leave the other day he stopped me mid sentence and said "No no. Don't set dates. You dont know how you're going to feel. Decide closer to the time. I know when you're due so it's fine. You can just tell me one day you've had enough and go."

So..... woohoo!! :happydance: LOL

Just give them an idea for now maybe? Tell them when you're due and tell them what your idea is now. At least that will help them organise their stuff. :)

Sorry just to add: I dunno how it works where you are. When I mentioned them being well within their right to organise someone to work in your place I was thinking about here.

i assume they're planning ahead too. Which is a good thing. I tried to get my boss to start thinking about a replacement about 4 months ago. And now with 4 weeks before I want to leave there hasnt been anyone found and guess who is getting all the pressure to find someone ...me - the secretary.pft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->