What things are you recording in regards to your pregnancy?

clynn393

Reaction score
I am TTC #1 and in my TWW right now, but I thought this would be a good forum to post in. What are some things you're taking note of during your pregnancy so that you can look back on them down the road? For example, how you're feeling, what your cravings are, your favorite song atm...

I have a book.. it's based on the story Guess How Much I Love You. It has sections to fill in and places to add photos. To be honest, I've only just got around to filling in the pregnancy bit! I'd been making notes of dates etc in my phone! So date of first kicks, dates we heard the HB etc! Seemed as good as place as any to record info until I put it into my book!

That was my favorite book as a child! I will definitely have to look into it!

I didn't know we were supposed to record anything. ...... I've had 3 babies and never have written anything down. mine would probably be pretty boring to read though- food aversions; everything but water. Nausea: lots. Headaches: daily migraines

I used to have the pregnancy journal and wrote notes in it every day... gave up on that a few weeks in lol. I have a little pregnancy binder but tbh I haven't looked in it for 10 weeks lmfao brb now I gotta go dig it out

K my record book is called to baby with love. I liked what it asked/had animals on it hehe. It's for the first year. Asks before you were born: how did you find out, Boy or girl, feelings, due date, first ultrasound, first kick, first heartbeat. Has a page for when you go into labor. Family tree. Birthday. When you were born (songs, costs of things... basically what was in at the time). First week. Firsts. Growth. Fav foods. Playtime. First words. First birthday.special memories.

Didn't do it with my first, haven't done it with this one either. Although I did write a letter to my son when I was pregnant and he still has no idea. I'm not sure when to give it to him but I might do the same for this little girl.

I've been keeping a journal since 5w6d. I'm writing it as if I'm talking directly to the baby. I'm writing down symptoms, things I'm doing everyday, general thoughts, etc. I plan on giving it to my kid one day when they're old enough to appreciate it.

I've been keeping a journal since 5w6d. I'm writing it as if I'm talking directly to the baby. I'm writing down symptoms, things I'm doing everyday, general thoughts, etc. I plan on giving it to my kid one day when they're old enough to appreciate it.

That's exactly what I plan on doing! That's why I wanted to see all the different things other women keep track of throughout their pregnancies. Thanks!

I honestly think if I wrote a journal or similar it would put me off ever trying for #3. I haven't had a bad pregnancy by many people's standards, but it would mainly be a list of negatives to report: bad back, exhaustion, nausea, moodiness, etc... I would rather let those memories fade and be able to look back on my pregnancy with rose-tinted glasses.

I honestly think if I wrote a journal or similar it would put me off ever trying for #3. I haven't had a bad pregnancy by many people's standards, but it would mainly be a list of negatives to report: bad back, exhaustion, nausea, moodiness, etc... I would rather let those memories fade and be able to look back on my pregnancy with rose-tinted glasses.

Same. I've not enjoyed pregnancy by any stretch of the imagination. Most of it has been spent wishing time away so I could feel well again. I want to forget as much of that as possible so that I'll want to do this again. I had no energy or desire to think about this pregnancy in a positive light while I was so sick for nearly the first half. But I've been posting in here, so I guess that's kind of a record for myself.

I haven't recorded anything in either of my pregnancies. I only have two belly pictures from my first pregnancy one at 15 weeks pregnant and one at full term. I don't have any pics of me yet this pregnancy but we are going on vacation in the next few weeks so I'll have some pics of my belly from that. I've hated being pregnant both times so if I did record anything it would just be a giant whine and I don't think my future child will care to read how much I hated being pregnant, lol. I did a book for my daughters first year with photos and milestones and such and we will give it to her when she's older, and we plan to do the same with this next baby. But as far as recording anything during the actual pregnancy I have no real interest in that.

I have a pregnancy book/journal called "Bump to Birthday".
It's not huge, first few pages are about mum and dad, how they felt when they found out they were expecting, etc then it goes in to a weekly journal, a brief description of what the baby is like and progression each week, then a section for me to fill in how I've been feeling and what we've been upto, as well as a place for a photograph (I take a bump picture each week for this).

It has a page for 12/20 week scans, then goes in to the birth, visitors and gifts, a few pages for "firsts", first holiday, first Christmas and then finished on first birthday. I filled it out for my daughter and currently mid way through another for this pregnancy. It's so nice to look back on because it's surprising how quickly you forget the little things. It's good for comparison in my second pregnancy too, I can look back at how big (smaller!) my bump was and at what point I felt movements!

Attachments

• IMG_5572.jpg
    IMG_5572.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
I have a pregnancy book/journal called "Bump to Birthday".
It's not huge, first few pages are about mum and dad, how they felt when they found out they were expecting, etc then it goes in to a weekly journal, a brief description of what the baby is like and progression each week, then a section for me to fill in how I've been feeling and what we've been upto, as well as a place for a photograph (I take a bump picture each week for this).

It has a page for 12/20 week scans, then goes in to the birth, visitors and gifts, a few pages for "firsts", first holiday, first Christmas and then finished on first birthday. I filled it out for my daughter and currently mid way through another for this pregnancy. It's so nice to look back on because it's surprising how quickly you forget the little things. It's good for comparison in my second pregnancy too, I can look back at how big (smaller!) my bump was and at what point I felt movements!

I love that! I wanna find something like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->