What time does your child go to bed and how old are they?

alicecooper

1 girl, 3 boys
Reaction score
My 7 and 5 year olds share a room and they have done NOTHING but prat around for a while now every single night I've put them in bed, for hours on end, claiming they're not tired.

All three of my kids go to bed at 7.30pm. I'm wondering if I need to re-evaluate this.

I did go through a trial period with them a few months ago, where DS2 went to bed at 7pm, DS1 went to bed at 7.30pm, and DD went to bed at 8pm, but it didn't work.
DS2 fell asleep fine at 7pm (just as he does at 7.30pm), but he's in a room on his own.
DS1 however just waited until DD came up to bed, and then they chatted and messed about regardless.

Night before last though they messed around until 11.30pm and then were SHATTERED all of yesterday, so last night they actually did both zonk out in bed about 10 minutes after I put them in, but tonight they're back to messing about again.

So spam me with how old your kids are, what time they go to bed, and what time they get up in the mornings...please x

I have a 5 1/2 year old and a 3 year old. They both have separate rooms so i don't have to worry about them playing together - they haven't yet discovered that they can go into each others rooms once i've gone downstairs lol.
Having said that the eldest is usually asleep before the youngest anyway. DS (he's 5) goes to bed at around 7.30pm on a school day - he then is woken up by myself at around 7.30/7.45am . DD goes to bed at 8pm. The reason she goes to bed later than her brother is because she won't sleep for 12 hours like her brother does. When she goes to bed at 8pm she usually wakes up around 7.15am.

I have always liked the idea that the older children get to go to bed later than the younger ones - this gives you are a parent a bit of one-on-one time with the oldest etc.

My eldest will sometimes mess about anyway when he goes to bed. He did this last night so tonight when i put him to bed he was told that he was to stay in his bed otherwise there would be consequences (the consequences can be whatever works at the time). I didn't hear a peep out of him and that will probably be the case for the next few weeks and then he'll try it again.

The baby basically goes to bed and wakes up when she pleases. :D

My other DD is 5 she goes to bed around 8pm sometimes 7/7:30pm if she seems extra tired and is awake by 6:30 during the week to dress and get ready for school. On weekends or on vacation though she'll sleep until 7:30am or 8am if left to wake up on her own. She usually goes right to sleep although occasionally will sit up in bed and look at a book if she's not quite tired enough to go down.

My lb is 2, 3 in march. He goes to bed at 6:30/6:45 and goes straight to sleep in his junior bed he wakes at 5am religiously. My lil girl is 11 months older so coming up 4 she is in the same room, she sleeps on a bottom bunk. Goes up at 7pm also sleeps more or less right away then wakes around 7am. My 5 yr old is also in same room (it's the biggest bedroom) she sleeps on top bunk goes up at 7:30. She wakes around 6pm. She'll sometimes sleep right away or sometimes read in bed. My 7 yr old has her own room. The box room as she hates the others touching her things. She goes at 8pm. She has to be dragged from her bed at 7:45/8am. She usually sleeps/reads also. Sometimes the biggest mess around shouting to each other but not very often. I definitely couldn't send them all at the same time though xx

my son is coming up for 4 1/2. He goes up to bed between 6:30 and 7 but usually doesn't sleep til 7:30/8. He is allowed to play in his room but I will go up and tell him he needs to get into bed. He usually wakes around 6:30/7 but since christmas it's been more like 7:30/8.

Have you thought of putting your two sons together or will the oldest wake the youngest? Just a thought.

Emily goes to bed at 8pm or 7.30pm if she wants her story in bed. Logan goes at 6.30pm so it gives us an hour together to get her in the bath, into pjs and milk and story before sleep.

cheers ladies for your responses

katyalynn - I had thought of that but yeah I'm concerned that Alex will keep Jason awake, and Jason sleeps really well on his own at the moment so I don't want to mess that up for him, especially as he's the youngest so needs more sleep.

Lucas is 6 and every night apart from a Thursday and Sunday he is in bed between 7-7.30 and usually asleep for 8.30 he gets woken at 7.30

Thursdays and Sundays due to his ice hockey training he is bed by 10pm and asleep by ten past and we wake him at 8 so he has a little lie in :flower:

Bed time is always the same doesnt change for weekend/school holidays, we need to keep his routine due to his conditions or we all know about it :wacko:

Mine both go up at 8ish and then read for half an hour. They sleep till I wake them lol on school days I wake them at about 7.30 but on a weekend they will easily sleep until 9.

I have 1 who is 11. He goes to bed by 830 school nights and 1030/11 weekend nights. Some school nights he is still awake quite late, but he stays in bed pretty well. Some mornings he is a bit sluggish (but i think its hormones kicking in as he has started puberty). Most school days he is pretty good and up by 730/8 but on weekend he will often sleep till 9 or 10.

My nearly three yr old goes to bed usually sometime between seven and eight, my five yr old goes to bed between eight and nine usually

I think you should do bedtime in 3 stages, 3 year old, 5 year old, 7 year old.
x

I have a six year old In first grade. He goes to bed at 9pm every night or he is cranky come morning.

My little one is 4 and goes to bed between 6.30pm - 7pm x

My 4 and 6 y/o goes to bed at 8:30 p.m (approximately)

I have a 12 and a 13 year old and they go to bed at 9pm every night, no tv or electricals are allowed in their rooms! Sometimes on the weekends we let them stay up a bit longer.

Ds1 and dd go upto bed at 8.30 and read or 9pm and lie straight down,depending on if they were watching a programme till 9.Ds2 falls asleep between 9 and 10 and I carry him upto bed with us.They get up at 7-7.30 on school days and anywhere up to 8 on weekends.

My three year old goes about half 7 and my 9 year old goes at half 8, they mess about for ages even with being in separate rooms. I think if they are not worn out they simply won't sleep. No tv in their rooms either here. DS1 has one but not at bedtime. Maybe just trying to read a relaxing bedtime story to chill them out might be worth a try or just relax in the room with them to supervise them to sleep if you have the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->