What time does your child go to bed and how old are they?

Interesting to read everyone's responses!

My boys, ages 6 (nearly 7) and 4 go to bed at approx. 8 - 8:30 on weekdays. They have always shared a room and for the past few months have shared a bed too :) they do mess around sometimes before sleeping but never for too long.

LO usually goes to bed when the boys do but depends when she napped during the day..

Great thread! I've always wondered about this too but didn't really think of looking for others experiences.

Drake and Isis are sharing a room now so they go to bed at the same time. It varies between 8-9pm. I'm going to start staggering it though and getting into a better schedule for them since we are trying for baby #3. It does take at least a half hour of them to settle down though so the bed times at separate times should help that. I want them going to bed without all the racket when the baby is here. :lol:

Our kids have a big age gap... so our teenager (15yrs) during the school week goes to bed by 9pm- earlier if she's tired, and get's up at 5:30-6am for school. Our LO goes to bed about 6pm and up about 6am.

I can imagine it's gotta be tough getting two kids to go to sleep instead of staying up to play or chat. I would have suggested staggering the bedtimes- but sounds like that didn't help so much. Have you given them a set time to "stay up" but in bed- then lights out after a certain time? Maybe even try bed a bit earlier so they can get the chatter out of their system. Sorry- probably rubbish advise. Nothing better I'm afraid.

well we've had a change around of the sleeping arrangements.

both boys are now in the bunks together, and DD has her own room.

DS2 goes to bed at 7.30
DS1 goes to bed at 8 (with the idea that hopefully DS2 will be asleep before DS1 gets to bed, thus eliminating talking)
and DD goes to bed at 8 but is allowed to read quietly in her room until 8.30

so far it seems to be going okay. fingers crossed and touch wood and all that!

thanks ladies for replying to the thread x

My eldest is 15 and he goes to bed when he wants, usually about 10-11pm during the week and anytime between 10pm-2am at the weekend.

My youngest is 5 and he is goes to bed at 8pm on a week night and at 9-9.30pm at the weekends.

Both boys are up at 7am during the week for school.
At the weekends Dec will still be up at about 7-7.30am and Dan will be up between 9am-11am.

My 9 and 11 year old go up at half 8 on school nights and are usually asleep half hour later! Weekends they go up at half 9!

My 4 year old goes up at 7 weekdays but weekends about 9!

I daren't put them bed any earlier at weekends because my other half is in bed catching some sleep before his nightshifts! It's awkward as a) they are noisy and would just end up waking him up lol and b) they want to see him before he leaves!

Oh and we all get up at 7-7:30 in the mornings... Sometimes later on the weekend but usually my youngest is up regardless so I have to get up with him! Only occasionally will I be lucky enough to get a lay in!!

x

I have all boys ages 6, 4, & 2. They all go to bed at 8:30 and get up at 7:30. My 2 year old takes a 3-4 hour nap during the day too. My oldest usually doesnt fall asleep until 9:30-10, but he never gets out of bed. The other 2 usually fall asleep within 30 mins. Right now the two oldest share a room, but they all are about to share a room in the next month or so since we will be having another one. The two oldest will stay up and mess around 1-2 days a week.

my boys age 7 and 4 share a room and have bunks , on a school day the 4 year old goes to bed at 7:15 -7:30 and then the 7 year old goes to bed ay 8:00 my dd goes to bed at 7 in her own room .

at the weekend they are allowed to go to bed at same time and i dont mind the chatter a bit and the bed swopping / sharing that goes on with them but on a school night we have to stagger them else like yours they are just up chattering to each other and playing or whatever it is they get up to.

Mine go to bed an hour apart so

William (1) 6pm
Amy (3) 7pm
Ollie (8) 8pm
Caitlyn (12) 9pm

We get up at 7am

8 years old, she goes to bed at 9. That gives her 10 hours of sleep every night which kids need! :)

kids aged like that are usually tucked in bed early because they are mostly active during the day and they need more and enough sleep. It's not good for kids to sleep late.

Mine are just three - being twins have always gone to bed same time and same bed lol. Go up at 7 asleep within minutes - wake sometimes early as 5.30 never later than 6.30

All your posts give me hope of more sleep in my future!!

Sam is 4.5 years and goes to bed around 7pm, he usually faffs a but but on an average night is asleep by 7.30

i as a parent tend to struggle with bedtimes for my eldest too. he is 6 in june and at the mo tends to go bed from 7 -8. does anyone think thats too early or late?? he has two younger sisters who i put to bed from 6.30 x

To me that is a normal time. My son goes to bed at 7.30 on a school night and gets up around 7.30am. I wouldn't put him to bed earlier than 7.30 unless he was seriously tired as he generally only sleeps 12 hours. On non school nights he goes at 8pm.

We are fortunate to have space for them to have a room each. My son will be 9 in 6 weeks time, my daughter will be 7 in May.

They generally go to bed at 8.30 on a school night, later on weekends/holidays. If they complain about being tired on a school morning or prat about while getting ready I tell them they must need an earlier night tonight and thatgets their skates on :lol:

well the 7 month old has no bed time. Its when ever we get lucky. The 3 year old goes to be at 930 or 10 and usually gets up at 8am but has been known to seleep till 930 but still takes a 2 hour nap and my 9 year old goes to bed at 10pm and gets up at 7 whether he has school or not. So wish he would sleep in.

i have a 4 1/2 yr old a nearly 3 yr old and a 15 month old and they all go to bed together at 6.30, the older ones did talk for a while but we got strict on them because they were upsetting ds3 and now they know once I leave the room and shut the door its quiet time and any noise unless there is a proper reason for it will be dealt with strictly

I have a 9 year old and 10 year old. They both go to bed at 8:30 during the week. 8:30 is bedtime book reading, 9:00 lights out. They are usually asleep within 15 minutes. Sometimes, I have issues with them, but not often. Weekends they go to bed at 9:30 9:30 bedtime book reading and 10:00 PM lights out. If we are having a family movie night or something, they just go to bed when the movie is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->