What time of day to start introducing solids?

Cracker

Reaction score
Hi - I am weaning early on HV advice as LO has nearly doubled birthweight and was feeding a huge amount and waking 2 times a night for extra feeds anyway that is not the point of the thread!

Just wondering a what meal to start introducing solids (rice and/or purees) HV said lunch, she has a bottle at 10.30am and another at 2pm? and should it be before or after the milk.

I have tried for a few days, she won't finish her milk if I give it in the middle of a feed. She is happily gobbling it back though which is good... or should I feed it at say 11.30 before her lunchtime sleep?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would go with the 2pm, just because 10.30 seems a bit early for 'lunch' iykwim!!

I've just started feeding my LO in the last couple of days and give her it with her bottle around 12 noon / 1pm.

I either start feeding her with milk before she starts to fuss and tell me she is hungry (just go by her 'due' time) or give her a good bit of milk if she is already fussing.

Today we were out and she was overdue by 20-30 mins. I gave her 2oz and then a bit of apple and a bit more milk. I thought she had finished with the apple but after putting away another 4oz of milk she really took to the apple again. I also intersperse the two, just I would eat a bit of my dinner, then have a drink, eat some more, have a drink. That seems to work for me (well for the moment anyway lol!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->