what to do if u feel dizzy?

Melisa1985

Reaction score
I been getting these dizzy spells where the room goes spinning and i feel like im gonna faint. I have no idea what its due to. i got one 3 days in a raw now. One just came over me like 10 min ago. my doctor is not working today, tried calling already. im freaking out. wht could it be due to??

anyone get this?? what do u do?

Before pregnancy I had low blood sugar which constantly causes dizziness and I found eating something with sugar in it and drinking plenty of water helped. How often do you eat? Try small but regular meals to keep your blood pressure/sugar levels on an even line :D

I've been experiencing the same thing. So much so that I don't even leave the house alone anymore. It can be a normal thing in pregnancy due to decreased blood pressure or it could be abnormal, caused by anemia most commonly. Other causes are low blood sugar and dehydration. If your doctor's done bloodwork recently that shows your Hb levels are normal then it's probably nothing to worry about. My doctor is an overly-cautious guy and has sent me an EKG but I'm not too worried.
As soon as you start feeling dizzy, lie down (preferably on your left side). Make sure you're well hydrated and never let yourself get too hungry.

I didn't eat 3 hrs today & got the dizziness...yesterday i ate and 1 hr later it hit me...so im not sure if its due to that...i drank extra water today hoping it was due to water and not drinking enough, seems like thats not it either bc i still got it today...

last times when i mentioned it to the physicians assistant that works for my doctor that i got one, she just brushed it off like its probably due to increase in blood volume in my body, which really pissed me off because she didnt even bother checking anything. & here im 3 weeks later getting them 3 days in a raw. they dissapeared for 3 weeks & r bback now. : (

im just thinking about going into the hospital, do u think they'll check my blood work there??

Might be your iron levels.. I was starting to feel slightly dizzy and on the 34 week blood test it came back that my blood count was dropping to near the cut off so they put me on 2 x iron tablets a day..

If I forget to take them the dizziness comes back...

I'm def. headed to the hospital....keep getting the dizziness & it's giving me panick attacks bc im scared i'll faint. i hope they'll check my blood for iron levels. i cant deal with the dizziness everyday now

Just saying hi and sorry you are experiencing this! I would say definitely get it checked it out as soon as you can. Hopefully they can find a cause, then treat it so you don't have this everyday! Wishing you the best and hope they can find an answer so that help is around the corner! Keep me updated :)

i get dizzy quite regularly but im pretty certain its just low blood pressure. i just sit down or lie down if necessary until it passes.

hope it goes for you quickly

I have some dizzy days and some not so dizzy but I also suffer with low blood pressure

I went to the hospital, blood work was good, iron level good, so it was not that. they couldn't figure out really why i was getting it & basically i was just told to go c my doctor this week. uh! my blood pressure was a lil low they said 108/68 , but is that something that can cause dizziness even if its a lil low??
they never checked my urine for dehydration, which im mad about, i felt like shouldnt thry hve checked for that right away so if im dehydrated they could put me on IV?? well they didnt & i walked out of that hospital dissapointing still not knowing whats going on with me. i'll be calling my doctor t/m and see what he says.

Sorry no answers :(. I know low blood pressure can cause that but yours doesn't seem super low, mine is usually around 106/66-68ish and I never have fainting spells. Have a good talk with your doctor. Hoping for a solution!

I went to the hospital, blood work was good, iron level good, so it was not that. they couldn't figure out really why i was getting it & basically i was just told to go c my doctor this week. uh! my blood pressure was a lil low they said 108/68 , but is that something that can cause dizziness even if its a lil low??
they never checked my urine for dehydration, which im mad about, i felt like shouldnt thry hve checked for that right away so if im dehydrated they could put me on IV?? well they didnt & i walked out of that hospital dissapointing still not knowing whats going on with me. i'll be calling my doctor t/m and see what he says.

If you body is not use to a drop in blood pressure then it can cause dizziness. Mine is normal 92/65 and that is normal for me but if I was to normally sit at 120 and it dropped to 92 then it can cause dizziness as it's not normal blood pressure for me and my body would not be use to it.. my midwife said as I also am fine with blood pressure as low as 72/55 with know ill affects then anything above 115 would be high for me.

Yes low blood pressure can cause dizziness and faintness. If your BP is normally higher than that the drop can cause those symptoms.
Depending on what tests they do your blood work can show if you're dehydrated or not so that probably why they didn't check your urine. If you think you might be dehydrated increase your water intake.

Sorry no answers :(. I know low blood pressure can cause that but yours doesn't seem super low, mine is usually around 106/66-68ish and I never have fainting spells. Have a good talk with your doctor. Hoping for a solution!

I will def. have a good talk with my doctor, my doctor seems to brush too many things off & just be like it's normal for pregnancy, without ever checking anything & I'm the one suffering. So seems like i'll really gotta beg and annoy him and make it clear to him how serious this is. Hoping for the best, just seems like 7 weeks and few days I gotta go through this pregnancy seems even so much longer when I have to suffer and be scared on daily bases if I'll faint. But thanks for the support, def. appreciate it.

If you body is not use to a drop in blood pressure then it can cause dizziness. Mine is normal 92/65 and that is normal for me but if I was to normally sit at 120 and it dropped to 92 then it can cause dizziness as it's not normal blood pressure for me and my body would not be use to it.. my midwife said as I also am fine with blood pressure as low as 72/55 with know ill affects then anything above 115 would be high for me.

I was just mentioning that to my mom today, my pressure is usually normal like 120 & maybe the drastic drop in it when I do get my dizziness could be causing this. I keep saying maybe it drops really low when I get the dizzy spells and than by the time I got to the hospital it was some what okay and went back up a little & they wouldn't know.
What;s good to increase blood pressure when it's low?? So I'm thinking of trying something out to increase it when I get my dizzy spell and see if it's related to that.

I will def. have a good talk with my doctor, my doctor seems to brush too many things off & just be like it's normal for pregnancy, without ever checking anything & I'm the one suffering. So seems like i'll really gotta beg and annoy him and make it clear to him how serious this is. Hoping for the best, just seems like 7 weeks and few days I gotta go through this pregnancy seems even so much longer when I have to suffer and be scared on daily bases if I'll faint. But thanks for the support, def. appreciate it.

Well THIS is definitely not normal! He should be very concerned about this. For heavens sake, Im concerned about this! Especially if its happening so often. You could really do damage if you fainted and fell and hit something when you land! So please just take care of yourself and be careful in the mean time. And keep pushing this issue as there has to be some reason for it. Really hope it goes well. Thinking of you. :)

Yes low blood pressure can cause dizziness and faintness. If your BP is normally higher than that the drop can cause those symptoms.
Depending on what tests they do your blood work can show if you're dehydrated or not so that probably why they didn't check your urine. If you think you might be dehydrated increase your water intake.

My BP is usually normal, so maybe that is the case if it all of a sudden drops out of nowhere fast.

I do hope the blood works test showed the dehydration. I been increasing my water intake a lot, I always try to drink as much as possible that's why I highly doubt it;s that, but since I was already at the hospital I was hoping they would check everything & in the end I would get an answer to what was causing me to feel faint, unfortunately no answer. Didn't feel like they tried hard enough.

Well THIS is definitely not normal! He should be very concerned about this. For heavens sake, Im concerned about this! Especially if its happening so often. You could really do damage if you fainted and fell and hit something when you land! So please just take care of yourself and be careful in the mean time. And keep pushing this issue as there has to be some reason for it. Really hope it goes well. Thinking of you. :)

Awwww thanks hun, means a lot to have your support and all the advise. I def. agree with you THIS is not normal & something def. to be concerned about. I'm so mad at my doctor for being so careless about everything, wish I could change him, but I'm too far along to do that now. I def. lay down as soon as I feel the fainting dizziness coming on this way if I do faint I won't hit anything or fall and hurt the baby (so scary considering I'm home alone all day). I will keep pushing the issue with him, calling him tomorrow and trying to make him see me ASAP. I have a feeling I will be brushed off like last time when his physicians assistant brushed it off like it's nothing & only due to increase in blood volume without ever even trying to check anything else to rule other stuff out. Def. hard to handle all this, can't wait for the end of the pregnancy to come, so I can have this baby & know we are both safe finally.

When my blood pressure dropped it was normally due to dehydration so try to increase the amount of water that you are drinking, as pregnancy can drop your blood pressure and coz dizziness but will return to normal once bubs is born..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->