What to do to before TTC?

Autumnflower

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I'm curious to know what everyone is up to while WTT. Is anyone taking prenatal vitamins? If so, how soon before your TTC date did you start? Any other things your doing to prepare for TTC?

My DH and I plan on TTC in August this year. So far I've been taking just my usual daily multi vitamin (not prenatal). Any advice or tips on something I should be doing while WTT would be greatly appreciated! :D

1. going back to college
2.new job
3.new car
4.house
5.marriage
Oh and as many holidays we can squeeze in!
Long wait ahead :dohh:

1. Have about $7,000 saved up in the bank.

2. Get married.

3. Rent a bigger place.

4. Finish medical billing and coding certificate and get a job, probably at a doctor's office.

5. That's pretty much it, the only other reason that we're waiting is that we want a 2 year age gap between DS and #2. :haha:

im ttc May, we have a holiday to Disney World April/May, then want to buy a house in July pregnant or not (hopefully i will be but that is very wishful thinking!), i have recently got insured on my boyfriends car after passing my test on halloween so thats something ticked off the list! and my temp job is keeping me on so thats something else ticked off, we're getting there!
i started my prenatals a few weeks ago and got OH taking a multi vit with minerals

My list:

1. Complete my mentorship module at uni
2. Go on a big 'once in a lifetime' holiday somewhere, DH is really keen on Canada.
3. Save as much as I can into my baby fund (I've got £60 already)!

We will not be TTC until 2015, I plan to start taking folic acid three months before we TTC and will start taking pregnacare when we start. At the moment I am trying to eat more sensibly and do more exercise but it is easier said than done.

1) Training for a 5K to lose a bit of weight and get a more fitter before baby
2) Off out tomorrow to buy our TTC vitamins - me and hubby are both taking them
3) Having a complete de-clutter so that the spare room full of stuff can actually be used as a nursery
4) Completing my Human Resources Management course
5) Deciding on names
6) Saving pennies!

I've started taking my pre-pregnancy vitamins (9 weeks before we start ttc) and I've brought a cross trainer to lose a stone or so of weight.
Also I've asked my husband to fully stop smoking!
We both stopped 18 months ago but he's started having the odd couple when he's at work grrr!

1, loose weight
2, save money
3, redecorate the spare room
4, clear out all the junk in the house

I have recently started taking folic acid.
I have started looking at properties around the area we want to live, so that we can buy in about 2-3 months time (when we've finished saving up the deposit).
I am trying to lose weight and get more healthy before pregnancy (9kg down so far).

Hiya!

Think recommended is 3 months before so I have just started mine (WTT until June).

Making most of free time and lie ins... :thumbup:

-We are currently saving for baby. We hope to have at least 5,000 before TTC for preparing for baby. :)
-We are moving into a bigger place in April, so moving into our new place and getting things settled is another thing we need to do. :)
-We are getting married this summer as well.

1. Save as much money as possible
2. Go on one last fun vacation with our friends
3. Genetic screening
4. DH to get his full designation
5. Clear out some of our junk occupying our spare bedroom/donate a bunch of clothes

My checklist, when I was 21, started with:

1. Travel (I worked overseas for three years and got to visit Japan, South Korea, Thailand, China, Mongolia, Russia, Finland, England and Scotland)
2. Get my masters in teaching (graduated in 2012)
3. Find someone I love and get married ( met the khocolateman in 2011, married him last year - and visited his family in Sri Lanka afterwards).

Check, check and check. I'm now 29 - what a ride! Next items on the list:

4. Buy a house to settle in (house hunting later today!)
5. Get an ongoing position at work (I have a 2 year contract that I am hoping becomes ongoing end of 2015)
6. Lose the weight (I have roughly 30 kilos to lose and am doing Lite n Easy to help get rid of the extra kilos - and walking our enormous dog).

I'd like to save some money too but at the moment everything is going into the house and our bills =( so:

7. Save enough to cover the insurance gap, and to get me through the first few months of being a mum so I don't have to go back to work right away. I'm lucky in that I have a second part time job that i will be able to continue doing, and they will probably be able to give me a bit of extra work as well... But I don't want to have to go back to full-time work until my LO is at least one.

We already have three kids and are married.
we are ttc sept 2015 approx.

thing I want to do before then

Move to bigger house,
Loose bit of weight,
Save up a bit for baby stuff

I believe the recomendation is to take prenatal vitamins (or folic acid at least) 3 months prior to ttc. Other than that I'd recomend:
1) Getting into good shape (if you're not already)- pregnancy can be hard on the body and being fit really helps to make it easier. Also develping an exercise regime you can keep up is a good idea and should help you through pregnancy and labour.
2) Have a few days here and there where you sleep in till midday (if that's your thing), spend the day doing things just for you (3 hour bubble bath anyone?) the memories of those days will be your happy place for the next 18 years :haha:
3) Do anything (that you realistically can) that you really want to do which would be hard with a child. So a romantic holiday with your OH, climbing a mountain etc.
4) Random, but get your teeth checked! Lots of women get problems with their teeth during pregnancy- wisdom tooth pain and so on. And you don't want to find that you need a root canal when you're pregnant and can't have the aneasthetic- yeah, ouch.
5) Check you're up to date with your immunisations (if you vaccinate). When you're pregnant it is scary to find out you've come into contact with someone who has chickenpox, rubella, measels etc but if you're up to date with your jabs it will help you to not stress too much.

My list before ttc number 3 is:
1) Convince DH we should have a 3rd baby :dohh:
2) Lose weight, ideally 8-10kg. I know that once I reach official whale status (which I do) I will be greatful not to be carrying those extra lbs!!

Here's my list:

1. Finish school which will take two years starting next September.
2. Move out because I don't want to still live at home and have children.
3. I'm for sure not ready for children yet.I like having time to myself and being able to do something without worrying about someone else. :blush: For some reason I feel a bit guilty about that. :shrug:
4. Meet my oh whenever that will be.
5. Visit New York City. I've always wanted to go there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->