What to do when hubby uses the wrong bum cream with cloth diaper?

jessmke

Reaction score
My OH decided for some reason to use a diaper cream on our DD that is not cloth diaper safe (we use pocket diapers). What do I do with this diaper? Is there some special wash routine that needs to take place or is the diaper ruined?

Smack him!! Lol no...
Google search "stripping cloth diapers" there are many ways. I like vinagar and hot water then wash with oxiclean.

Scrub it with washing up liquid then wash normally

Why is it not cloth diaper safe??? I used cloth diapers with my first for a long time and for a short time with my second and never once gave diaper cream a second thought with it.

Most commercial products don't wash out and can cause repelling over time. I use coconut oil and CJs BUTTer, stuff like bepanthen and zinc based products seem to glue themselves to the nappy.

Any diaper cream that contains petroleum products are not cloth diaper safe because they will cause repelling, which of course is the opposite of what you want the diaper to do! I scrubbed the diaper in question with a toothbrush and blue dawn dish soap and after a lot of scrubbing I managed to get it all out of the diaper and we haven't had any repelling issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->