What to do with the placenta....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Now the MWs will happily take it with them but this time I decided (about 2 days before!) that I'd like to keep mine. I'd regretted not at least looking at my previous placentas so I'd initially decided I wanted a picture and to see it... then I got thinking about 'doing' something with it.....

We made prints and then planted it under a special plant in our children's play area....here's the album on FB with explanations :)

pic 052.jpg

WARNING! includes placenta pictures!
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=161182&id=717353444&l=84a5ad343e

That was wonderful, thanks for sharing. I am hoping to plant a tree on top of mine, but I still haven't fully decided if I want a Lotus birth or not, so I guess time will tell!

Great pictures! I just had a quick look at mine and then the MWs took it away. We were half joking about selling it to a footballer neighbour of ours who had a leg injury at the time - there were stories in the press about Serbian footballers massaging horse placentas into their injuries! I've heard that the placenta is a great fertiliser - although I never kept my placenta and buried it, the contents of my birthing pool were poured onto our lawn. We have the best looking lawn in our street!

Here's a link to Wikipedia explaining what other cultures do with the placenta. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placenta x

I LOVE the idea of this but Robin thinks its so so gross :haha: so i dont think i get to. I am DEF having a look at it though :)

Keith wasnt sure either Sarah but he's really proud of it now! He loves telling everyone about the home birth and Sidney's plant with the placenta under it! :cloud9:

:) I think Robin possibly would be too TBH he just thinks i'm now going mad :haha: Was going to ask what Keith thought...gosh from him not wanting a home birth to this :)

Exactly!!! Mad isnt it!! He raised an eyebrow at the placenta but by the time it all came round he was well up for it!!

Id like to plant mine but only have a little yard :(

i 'ate' mine :D i made prints from and encapsulated it. i plan on doing the same this time too x

milk machine, do you mind me asking if you suffered from pnd? its just i read that eating the placenta can help reduce depression?

I'll be planting mine. Don't have anywhere permanent so it will be probably going to the freezer first (because I haven't gotten my act together to get a large nice pot or tree for it yet), then a pot then maybe in a few years into the ground.

Right my mind is made up I'm keeping it and planting it :lol:

I think if you dont have a garden a lovely plant in a nice big pot would be great. Just make sure you dig it down to a decent depth so foxes dont smell it and try to dig it up. I really wish I'd kept Hebe's....we planted a Hebe bush in the garden when she was born and it would have been nice to out it under there.

I think if you dont have a garden a lovely plant in a nice big pot would be great. Just make sure you dig it down to a decent depth so foxes dont smell it and try to dig it up. I really wish I'd kept Hebe's....we planted a Hebe bush in the garden when she was born and it would have been nice to out it under there.

Wonder how OH would take that:dohh:

Yea mine just walked out the room muttering about how disgusting i am and who am i :rofl: 8 ish weeks to persuade him :haha:

Just tell the MW on the quiet and the morning after you've had the baby and he opens the fridge with it in....say your mother won a meat raffle....:haha:

Ok i just got laughed at called a tit and said it was a stupid idea but he dosent care what i do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->