• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What to do with the placenta....

:rofl: you could always try that. The yuck factor is definitely higher with the eating concept. Show your OH a recipe for a placenta smoothie, and then show him a nice little tree and ask him what he would prefer!

We have communal gardens so don't think the block would be too happy if I planted mine. I didn't have anything to do with mine at my section, but my mum saw it and thought it was very big.

Placenta smoothie recipe here's a nice little recipe!

I had planned on taking some prints of mine i had some special cloth stuff that my midwife told me about.... ended up i never even saw it... my hubby did and he told me it was heart shaped and he saw both sides and was pretty impressed with it. I wish I had seen it but i was in theatre as the wee one was stuck so i forgot about my plans. This time around I am definitely going to look at it at least.. and maybe i should have a placenta party...... :)

I love looking at placenta prints, I saw milkmachines a while ago. I plan on encapsulating mine (not keen on the pot roast or smoothie recipes) DH is fine with this but I think he wouldn't be as forth coming with the idea of prints. I do like the idea of planting it but as we are in rented property I couldn't leave it when it comes to moving

Milkmachine's prints inspired me to do mine :) My favourite is getting framed and hung in Sid's room :cloud9:
pic 055.jpg

We buried mine when I had a homebirth; a wild rocket plant started growing on top of it (could have eaten the plant but a bit dubious about eating stuff from the garden). We live in a flat now though and it doesn't really have any communal gardens just a few flowerbed type bits; so may bury it in my in-laws garden.

Well Robin has now totally agreed :) I questioned his sanity that he can work in the abattoir (sorry...we have a free range chicken farm :) ) and do all that yet something that is inside me and grown our baby is disgusting to him :wohoo: totally worked and he thinks it is quite a good idea now :)

I want to either have it put into capsules to eat (I can't cook for my life!) or plant a tree with it. WE'll see if we have a place by the time we have #1 though.

...also, I have to factor in OH's queasiness. lol

I would have considered encapsulation, but because we had a lotus birth the placenta was two and a half days old and well coated in salt before it detached so it wouldn't have been much good. It's actually still in our freezer as we knew we were moving and we wanted to wait to plant it in our long term family home. Now we're here we'll probably wait until this one arrives so we can plant them together (after another lotus birth). We've already decided we're going to plant a mulberry tree over the top and it will be lovely for them to both have played a part in nurturing the same tree. :)

Gina. x

Dh is encouraging me to have mine encapsulated, but I'm not sure if I want to. For those who have done this, can you share your experience and whether you felt it helped you?

I would have considered encapsulation, but because we had a lotus birth the placenta was two and a half days old and well coated in salt before it detached so it wouldn't have been much good. It's actually still in our freezer as we knew we were moving and we wanted to wait to plant it in our long term family home. Now we're here we'll probably wait until this one arrives so we can plant them together (after another lotus birth). We've already decided we're going to plant a mulberry tree over the top and it will be lovely for them to both have played a part in nurturing the same tree. :)

Gina. x

Just a thought: salt is generally very bad for growing things, after all there's the saying about sowing someone's land with salt to destroy their livelihood and mean they could never grow anything there again, so remember to soak it plenty to get rid of the salt before planting it. :thumbup:

I'm interested in encapsulation since I'm at high risk for PND and it's supposed to help, but... not sure I can get over the ick factor. I LOVE the printing idea. I want the best one on the nursery wall. I don't think I can do both, though, unless I used edible paint lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->