What to do????

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
So I got off the depo shot in october and af came in visited on her own once in both december and january roughly 28 days apart but then she just stopped coming. I went to doctor who gave me a serum hcg and it was :bfn: which i kind of expected being that i am on day 65 of the current cycle. I was hoping the doctor would give me provera to jump start my period but she said that because im getting off the depo she wanted me to wait to july, meaning if i don't get a period between now and july then come back and she'll give me something to jump start my period. SMH she said that taking bcp for about 6 months would help regulate it as well but my whole things is that even though im not trying i dont wanna start the bcp because im trying to get my body to regulate itself and taking bcp feels like taking a step back. But i don't wanna go from now until JULY with no period thats 4 months of constant questions and ******** worries. I am wondering what everyone's opinion is should i wait it out or just start the bcp???

Wait. It can take 12-18 months for you to ovulate again after depo.

Wait. It can take 12-18 months for you to ovulate again after depo.

Do you think taking the bCp can help speed up the process of helping my body regulate?

Honestly, when I came off depo in 2007 it took 10 months before af showed up and she stuck around for about 3 weeks. I never went to the dr or anything because I was only 20 years old and had no worries about it. After that, my cycles eventually got shorter and shorter. I tried Bcp for 28 day cycles but that just made me crazy. Seasonique was much better for me. I had to stop because it messed with my blood pressure.

The weird thing about me is that I have never been a 28 day girl or even a 35 day girl. I have had a rough couple of years so my cycles are all over the place. With that being said, I am on cd 54 on what should have been close to a 42 day cycle.

I wish you the best of luck! Bcp should help with shortening your cycle. Once you come off of it, that's when your body will start to regulate. It might just need a solid starting point.

I hope this helps! :thumbup:

It might get the periods going but not sure about ovulation. After i came of depo i started bleeding 6 weeks later and it was really heavy, over a month later and no sign of slowing GP decided it need to stop, took 2 round of northisterone to stop the bleeding. For several month after my cycles were 4-6 weeks apart then they settled to 28-33 ish cycles. I went onto mini pill 15 month after stopping depo and in all that time I did not have one single sign of ovulation. So just kick starting the periods does not go hand in hand with being fertile.

twinmum87, i'll just settle for getting a regular af for starters, i have taken depo before and i'm pretty sure it caused me to ovulate then i had all the signs but this time around im just praying it jump starts the feeling i feel so backed up for lack of better words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->