• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what to do???

mogsanddogs

Reaction score
does any anyone know if taking maca or isoflavones would help kick start my af as am now 23 days late with neg tests for bfp and have been having af type pains for last three weeks and today have ov type pain with neg opk no symptoms of pregnancy either

getting pretty fed up now as have always had a regular cycle untill now ,dr no use says its due to my age and ?menapause and to come back in another month if nothing happens.

any advice of any kind apprciated thanks

I'm only aware of Soy Isoflavons helping with ovulation.... not sure what maca is? I do know the Dr. can prescribe you something to help kick start AF though... my friend has had to do that a few times when she's really late. Otherwise she is just miserable waiting for it to start and having back pains etc....

Sorry I can't offer more advice. Good luck!!!!

does any anyone know if taking maca or isoflavones would help kick start my af as am now 23 days late with neg tests for bfp and have been having af type pains for last three weeks and today have ov type pain with neg opk no symptoms of pregnancy either

getting pretty fed up now as have always had a regular cycle untill now ,dr no use says its due to my age and ?menapause and to come back in another month if nothing happens.

Hiya
I was a little shocked your DR just put it down to the menopause like that, can they not do some tests to see if you have hit it or coming close to it for you?.... also I have heard (never tried it) that taking parsley tea brinsg on an af.

Good luck xx

thanks for replies will try the parsley tea ,worth a go anyway.beats just bieng left in limbo .

not good news if your trying for a baby .drs just seem to put everything down to age:growlmad:

:wacko:B:wacko:H
thanks for replies will try the parsley tea ,worth a go anyway.beats just bieng left in limbo .

not good news if your trying for a baby .drs just seem to put everything down to age:growlmad:

Tell me about it!!! It's age or weight with my Dr

I tried maca as a fertility aid, but I stopped using it because I was already having very regular cycles and felt that it was overloading my system. Supposedly, maca will regulate your hormones, that is, will increase estrogen or progesterone (or testosterone in men) if you are low. It might be worth a shot, but I wouldn't take it for too long - I'm wary of any supplements long-term. One note - maca has a stimulant effect, so take it in the morning!

Soy actually makes me ovulate late or not at all, so I would just say, use with caution and don't take a large dose.

now 60 days since last af and am going back to dr tom and demanding some answers !

i would like at least some blood tests done for hormone levels.

i have no symptoms of menapause and have recently been having very sensitive swollen nipples which i dont have even when af is due and have been having constand af type pains which stop me getting any sleep since my af was due in sep so somethings not quite right ,hopefully dr wont put me off again tom at least it is a woman dr im seeing this time so might have more luck:growlmad:

now 60 days since last af and am going back to dr tom and demanding some answers !

i would like at least some blood tests done for hormone levels.

i have no symptoms of menapause and have recently been having very sensitive swollen nipples which i dont have even when af is due and have been having constand af type pains which stop me getting any sleep since my af was due in sep so somethings not quite right ,hopefully dr wont put me off again tom at least it is a woman dr im seeing this time so might have more luck:growlmad:

Good luck Mogs.....xxx........... Flippen heck, what does someone have to do before a GP sits up and takes notice, Periods just dont stop like that suddelnly due to menopause?? you get sypmtoms months, years beforehand.. Demand some FSH and LH tests xxx and good luck

Hi Janie

Did the Doctor do a blood test on you to confirm you're not pregnant? I've heard that in really rare cases some women just don't get a BFP in the home pregnancy tests. Normally if you're 2 weeks late and no BFP they would do a blood test. Also you could still be pregnant even if you're not having symptoms.

I've been taking maca for the last few weeks, it's meant to help regulate hormones but also help reduce stress. I'm not sure if it would bring on AF. I certainly think it's been beneficial to me over the last couple of weeks. I feel like I've got more focus at work and am generally a bit calmer - doing slightly less obsessing about TTC.

Fingers crossed for you. Sounds like a difficult time so I'm sending you some hugs too :hugs: xx

dr agreed that she would do hormone levels on monday but refused to do a blood test for pregnancy.she feels i might be too young for menopause but did not rule it out so will have to wait now for a week to 10 days from the date of the test for rsults before i can get any answers.

fingers crossed for you

I also remembered that lavender oil can help bring on AF - this is why you're not meant to use it during pregnancy. I did a basic course in aromatherapy massage a few years ago and remember them saying that. Not sure if it would be a good idea to use it though, just in case you are pregnant but it's not showing on the tests.

Sounds really tough, hope you've got lots of support around you

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back