What to expect during an IVF Cycle

LaurenaC

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

I have just started my first IVF cycle and was wondering if anyone could help me with a question regarding my period cycle as I have no idea what to expect.

So I started down regs on Saturday, which was day 21 of my own cycle. I usually have a 28/29 day cycle so the clinic said to expect my period as normal.

But, I am then due to have an endo scratch and start stimms on March 4th, with the proposed egg retrieval scheduled for March 20th and then egg transfer around March 23rd. If all of the scans are to plan and I do have the EC and ET done it will be approximately 4/5 days before my next period due date, which should be around March 28th.

So, the question is - should I have that period as normal or not. If it does come on time, does that mean that the IVF cycle has failed. If it doesn't come does that mean it has worked?

This maybe a really obvious question!

Any help/ advice you could give me would be greatly received?

P.S can I take co-codamol during down regs for this headache?

Thanks so much xx

Hi see my answers below under each question

Hi Ladies.

I have just started my first IVF cycle and was wondering if anyone could help me with a question regarding my period cycle as I have no idea what to expect.

So I started down regs on Saturday, which was day 21 of my own cycle. I usually have a 28/29 day cycle so the clinic said to expect my period as normal.

* Yes this is true, it can be slightly late due to down reg drugs and period may be light

But, I am then due to have an endo scratch and start stimms on March 4th, with the proposed egg retrieval scheduled for March 20th and then egg transfer around March 23rd. If all of the scans are to plan and I do have the EC and ET done it will be approximately 4/5 days before my next period due date, which should be around March 28th.

So, the question is - should I have that period as normal or not. If it does come on time, does that mean that the IVF cycle has failed. If it doesn't come does that mean it has worked?

*The timing changes basically from ET it will be approx. 12 days until period comes as you have been shut down with the down reg, if your not successful. It depends if they transfer on day 3 or day 5 how many days you should take a test. They will confirm this with you

This maybe a really obvious question!

Any help/ advice you could give me would be greatly received?

P.S can I take co-codamol during down regs for this headache?

* Whilst on down reg it is fine but I don't think your allowed when you start stimulating. I am currently on down reg again following frozen transfer that worked but baby died at 9 weeks. The headaches get worse as days go on.

Good luck let me know if you have any more questions, I have done both fresh cycle that were all frozen due to OHSS as I had 29 eggs and frozen transfer.

Thanks so much xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->