What to expect in your NT Scan appt

Dolphinz4

Mommy to a Prince
Reaction score
Hey Girls! I wanted to see out of you girls out there who has already had their NT Scan- I have mine on 04/11 and Im super excited/scared- Ive never seen the baby or heard the heartbeat, so this is completely new for me....What should I expect when Im there? Any tips? Thansk your help girls :):kiss:

hey :) i had mine today and it was pretty much the same as a normal scan. they will put jelly liquid on your belly and rub a small handheld machine across it... they prod you about a bit but it dosnt hurt at all... mine took about 15 mins and you will see the baby on the screen :) they will talk to you whilst they are doing it so you understand whats on the screen... point out the heartbeat etc... then they do some measurements using the computer screen... all they do is measure the water on the back of the babies neck... thats it :)
after your scan you will probably have a blood test aswell and once they get the results of that they then add the figures to the measurement taken in the scan and give you a risk category and explain what it means. just remember that even if you are a high risk there is still only something like a 1 in 50 chance of down syndrome anyway... so dont panic, go with the flow and let nature do all the work :) x

That is so great to know that I'll finally get to see the lil bean! I havent had a chance to see or hear anything, so this will definitely be a treat! Thanks so much for the info :thumbup:

I had my NT scan today, it was great but nerve wracking. Lovely to see the baby and the sonographer pointed out the heart, brain, limbs etc which all looked fine. It took about 20 minutes and I had to shake my hips a few times to try to get the baby to wriggle into a better position so she could take the measurement - I was starting to get worried that she would give up and not give me the result so that was scary but we got there in the end and my result at 12+2 was good, 1.4mm. Just waiting for the blood test results now so they can calculate my risk for Downs so keeping fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"