What to put in advent calendar?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I want to fill my own advent calendars this year. I have a one year old and five year old (and would possibly like to do one for OH). Ideas for what to put in?

I have a felt pocket advent calender I fill for my lo. I will be getting him some mini figures to put in. There are lego knock off sets on amazon so will get the star wars set. Will get some Thomas minis (onsale in Asda at the mo). In the past Ive put in temporary tattoos, hot wheel cars (not too many as weigh a TON!!!). Ive bought self inking stamps on amazon. Usually pretty cheap and go down a treat. Busy books are pretty cheap and you usually get 10 figures in them so put them in last year and gave the book for Christmas. I used to put a few choc coins in but my MIL made him a beautiful calender last year so will fill hers with a little piece of choc a day.

My 2 older boys are Pokémon mad so I am going to buy a felt advent calendar for each of them, buy some of the tiny Pokémon figures off eBay and also put a chocolate coin in for them

Little packets of sweets, eg love hearts, double lollies, haribo for the eldest

Choc buttons or similar for baby

Or chocolate coins and those Christmas themed chocolate footballs

Hot wheels cars we did last year but ended up expensive as he had one a day but you could do one for a few of the days

Stickers, buy a pack and cut a few out per day

Amazon do Xmas themed finger puppets for about £1.29 I think I've paid for a set of 6, those would be nice to split over several days

Depending on the size:
Decorations to go on the tree
Chocolate tree decorations (with a couple extra to eat)
Popcorn to thread for decoration and to eat
Stamps and ink to do roleplay writing letters to Father Christmas
Animals to do winter themed small world play- polar bears, penguins etc
Small packets of sequins/other decoration to make Christma cards
Tubes of glitter glue/chunky glitter wax crayons for your younger DS
Balls of wool to make pom poms for decoration
A Christmas film
Christmas finger puppets
Bells

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts