What to say to a friend

Frankie

Reaction score
She went for her 12 week scan and was told that the foetus she was carrying died a few weeks prior

Just any advice on how to approach her, obv il be myself

Just listen, let her talk and be there for her, visit her, let her know that you're there for her, do mundane things like ask her if she needs help shopping, if you go around and her dishes haven't been put in the dishwasher....anything you do, no matter how small, makes a difference. Just don't avoid her.

I agree with mynxie,

Don't avoid her or the issue. Just make sure you call her and be there for her.

I ve just been through this and the people that have been there for me and asked me about everything, i appreciate so so much.

But believe me the people that didn t call, you remember.And i know myself you think taht they are insensitive.

People who are there through your bad times are real friends and family.It really shows you who really cares about you, and thats nice....

She probally needs love at the moment.

I agree with the others. So sorry for her loss :hugs:

The only thing you can do in these situations is be there for her.
I think its really hard to know what to say, i know my friends didnt know what to say when i had my miscarriage, so all you can do is be there for her.
So sorry
xx
:hugs::hugs:

hi the only thing to do is what everyone else said be there for her and just et her cry if she needs to x sorry for her loss

Just see what she needs, when it happened to me my best friend rung me up and we just sat on the phone crying but i felt i was able to do that with her and talk much more about it than i could with my DH we kind of avoided the topic so it was good to have someone to speak to, just be there for her x

Frankie - exactly the same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago I also had a missed miscarriage- went for my an and no heartbeat I then had a D&C.

Like all the other girls say all you can do is be there for your friend. Everyone is different but I felt I didn't really want to speak to anyone for about a week but you still take great comfort in knowing that people are there for you. A couple of friends sent me flowers which I thought was nice as at least I knew they were thining of me but at the same time giving me space. There isin't really a right thing to say - but I felt that particularly with this type of miscarriage I was in shock for a few days as obviously you have no symptoms such as bleeding so when you get to the stage of the scan you almost assume and hope that everything is alright and then when you get the dreaded news you just feel numb.

Your will probably get a vibe from your friend as to wether she wants to talk or just be left alone all you can do is be there for her and talk about it with her when she is ready to do so.

Good Luck and i'm so sorry for your friends loss....

My advice would be to give her a big cuddle and ask her if she wants to talk about it. Let her tell you how she feels in case she needs to get it all out. Dont force her to talk about it if shes not ready, she'll do it in her own time.

Good luck with this one, you seem a great friend to have :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->