What to say to my friend who just lost her baby.. ?

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
I know there's no one word or sentence that will magically make everything better but a very good friend of mine just unexpectedly found out her baby no longer has a heartbeat.
The whole pregnancy was normal and she was around 25 weeks so it was extremely unexpected.

Im looking for advice from any ladies out there with angel babies who know what she's going through. I mean, ive had two misscarriages but they were very early in my pregnancies and i dont think it's really the same at all. Her mom and her had just gone clothes shopping for the baby. :(

Im so heartbroken for her but i dont know what to say besides, "sorry" .
She wants me to go with her when they are having her induced this week and i dont know if i can handle that but i also want to be there for her. She doesnt have a lot of support and i love her like a sister.

Im sorry to ramble. I just cant believe this has happened and i really just want to help her in any way i can so any advice would be appreciated.

Last, if you can say a prayer for her or send good vibes i would really appreciate it. Her name is Jada.

Thank you all and im sorry to bring any of you down. I really just needed to vent and get some advice.

:cry:

I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I didn't want to read and run.
I think the best thing you can do is be there for her because I don't think there is anything you can say. The fact that you're pregnant and she's still asked you to go with her means you are really important to her. Obviously you don't need any extra stress but if you can find it in yourself I think it would mean the world to her if you went with her. Will say a prayer for her.

I would say definitely just be there for her. Talk to her if she wants to talk about it and don't if she doesn't. I imagine a lot of people avoid you when you've lost a baby in fear of not knowing what to say. Just tell her you will always be here for her no matter what and you'd make everything ok if you could x

I lost twins at 14 wks and like you already said there really is not much you can say. Re going with her to the hospital I can give some practical advice-when I went we downloaded films and programmes onto the ipad and took snacks etc. In my experience one day the dinner was ok the next it wasn't anything I liked. I ended up staying 2 nights. Watching the ipad took my mind off it-it was 10 hours before things started moving. Also take a comfy cushion and maybe sleepy bag as my partner ended up sleeping in an upright chair as the fold down bed wasn't available. I hope this helps. Xx

Truly devastating, I don't know there's anything you can say other than be there for hand holding. I'm sure she will appreciate you saying how sorry you are anyway.
I'd maybe ask her if she needs things like groceries and meals, I had a mmc and got really upset when I was waiting to miscarry and the lady at the till qas asking if I planned any more children. I'm sure she doesn't even want to leave the house.
My friend bought me chocolate, flowers and dvds and I had a few people look after ds as I just wanted to sit in the quiet and cry.
She probably won't have been able to think about anything practical, she will need a hospital bag, maternity pads etc.
Let her know you'll be there for her to talk to, it does depend on what type of person she is as to how she will want to proceed but I've heard a lot of people find it very hurtful when people act like nothing happened/baby never existed.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->