What to start with?

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
Hiya girls I am asking this question in advance as we are not weaning just yet. I got my latest bounty pack and there are a few samples of baby porridge and jars. I know alot off people start off with baby rice but ive read alot of babies dont like it so I was wondering if you can use baby porridge as a first food?

Also got a pack of porridge banana and strawberry flavour, but im sure I read something somewhere about avoiding strawberrys as they can cause allergies or something. So would this porridge be no good or does it only apply to fresh fruit?

v x

I would steer clear of strawberry until 6 mths, fresh or dried in porridge.

Izzy didn't really like the rice at all - she moved swifty on to veg and fruit, like carrots, bananas, potato. We also started on porridge, you can get ones that say 4mth plus - its important to pick these if you start before 6 mth as they do not have gluten in (which is only for after 6mth)

Yeah the porridges say 4 month plus even the banana and strawberry one. Thanx

Yeah the porridges say 4 month plus even the banana and strawberry one. Thanx

I think its becuase the strawberry thing is more like a precaution, rather than a definite do not do this, which is why they add it - if you know what I mean...I am sure the risk with them is pretty small anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->