What to take for major pain

texasblackros

Reaction score
Hello. I am 30 weeks along and have shoulder and neck issues. I have been pulled from all my usual meds and am dying right now. I cant sleep because it puts so much pain and pressure on my neck and shoulders I wake up with major migrains and have been taking tylenol but its just not cutting it anymore.

anyone have advice??? I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN!

I have migraine issues and I've been finding ice packs work tremendously. I sit in a warm tub with an ice pack on my forehead and it has worked almost every time.

Could you go see a chiropractor to help address the cause of the pain? Sounds horrible :(

Once in early pregnancy i had a migraine for 3 days straight and i gave in and took two excedrine because i couldn't take it anymore. My baby was born just fine with no problems and i had no complications during that pregnancy. If the pain is really bad i would call your doctor and see what they recommend.

I believe you can take Percoset while pregnant. Why don't you ask your doctor if it's ok ?

My understanding is narcotics can be used sparingly in pregnancy, but you'd definitely want to talk to your OB. (And, of course, get a valid prescription!) Also, if it's muscle pain, you could ask for some of the muscle relaxers, Flexeril/cyclobenzaprene is considered class B (which is the same as Tylenol) for example. Sometimes a muscle relaxer or two will do more than a pain reliever can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->