what to wear in hospital?

Jcliff

Reaction score
I feel bad, I thought my Mother was joking when she told me I had to buy something to wear in the hospital. She said some nightgowns and a robe. I laughed thinking about it. But now Im realizing, I probably should buy something like that LOL how un-sexy. Maybe ill go for Leopard print!! :thumbup:

I've bought a couple pairs of pj's and a lightweight dressing gown (as the stuff I have already is a bit old and tatty, I'd hate to have people see them!)

I am also going to get a cheap nightie for labour as I don't have one:dohh:

Definitely need gowns for the hospital, or something very comfy! My mom told me this and bought me some when I was pregnant over 9 years ago. They were hideous!! But they were comfy and made it easy to breastfeed! LOL! But having those items will make you more comfortable and the robe will be nice when you're out walking in the hallways. You don't want to be cooped up in their hospital gown only with no back in them.

I bought a pair of pajamas with a top that buttons up at a store called Ross, and a nightgown that buttons open at the top, at Walmart. If I remember I'll take a robe from home but currently I use it on my lazy mornings. If baby stays in until my parents get here I'll go ahead and wash it and throw it in my bag since I'm not going to lounge around in just my robe in front of my dad lol.

For delivery, I'll just wear the hospital gown.

I have a granny nightgown from my first birth. It has buttons down to my breast bone and even though very unattractive I lived in it for a few weeks. It's hard to nurse in my regular jammies. I wanted comfy clothes! This time I bought a cuter night shirt that I plan in wearing with some large stretchy pants ( in black just in case, due to bleeding)

I was considering buying some pajamas with button up shirts (easier access for feeding, was my theory)... but than I realized I could just claim some of my husband's that have gotten too small for him. I don't care if the patterns don't match the pajama pants I have.

I buy a maternity nightgown, with feeding clips, I wanted a gown as every single time I tear and they need to keep checking stitches, easier than pj pants.

Like this
https://www.marksandspencer.com/Mat...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=321381407&pf_rd_s=center-3

i bought a old nighty to give birth in and also have the one i gave birth to ds in packed as i needed to change during labour last time after waters went and i didnt have a spare. ive got a old vest top for birthing pool and a new pair of pyjamas for after hes born. im not taking a dressing gown i did last time and never used it the wards are so warm if i need it i'll send dh or mum for it but i think a cardi or hoody will be fine for me

for after baby was born i just worse clothes in the day and my pjs at night

During the day I just wore jogging bottoms and tshirt and pjs and top during the night.
I spent ages thinking about what woyld be easiest to give birth in last time and ended up just in a nightie, iv packed the same one to give birth in again :)
Its best to go for somthing comfy, easy opening at the frint for skin to skin and feeding and personaly id go for as many dark clothes as you can because last time I was changing clothes four times a day due to bleeding.

I have bought some pj vest tops and 2 pair of black bottoms for hospital stay, might take a cardigan aswell but I think it will be too hot for a dressing gown in June?

For labour I have a nightie and hoping for a water birth so going to buy a bikini top .... Although last two labours I was pretty much naked apart from a bra as I was far too hot...then once the baby came the bra came off too haha ... All your dignity goes in labour, trust me!!

X

X

For labour I've packed a bikini top as I'm hoping for a water birth. I also have a nightie (makes me cringe even thinking that I might have to wear it) in case I don't get a water birth.

For afterwards I have some black PJ bottoms and baggy tshirts. I've also got a pair of black shorts in case it's really hot, and a light dressing gown too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->