What to wear, what to wear?

Sweetpea1010

Reaction score
Slowly packing my hospital bag and I'm stuck on the coming home clothes. I've been wearing my pre-pregnancy yoga pants, but I'm thinking that could be uncomfortable with possible stitches and giant pads. Any opinions on maxi skirts? Sweatpants? And then what about tops, again possible c section so do I keep it super loose up top? I saw a girl leaving l&d the other month in super tight stretchy pants and a tank, I'm going to be realistic and say that's probably not the best choice for me :rofl:

I've packed a couple of cheap pairs of patterned cotton trousers from Primark with elasticated waists. In all honesty I think they are pyjamas but they look enough like the trousers people are wearing at the moment for me to get away with it. I have also packed a couple of loose t shirts with a nursing bra and vest top to go underneath for feeding. I'll take a hoodie in case it's cold.

I took black sweat pants and a t shirt to come home in with dd and I will do the same this time! They were comfy and black so I didn't have to worry!

I'm thinking sweats could be a possibility, it's not like I'm going anywhere but home so comfy is best! I still haven't gotten a nursing bra, I don't know what kind to get it what size.

I wore sweats and a hoodie home, my daughter was born in October so it was colder. I know some of my friends who wore pyjamas home. I was all about comfort after my little one was born lol

Go for comfort. My dd was born in December and I just wore sweatpants, t shirt and a sweatshirt home.

With my daughter I wore yoga pants, a tshirt, and ballet flats. I'll do the same this time as well.

I wore a dress home I think. I'd say that's the best option as you're not going to have pressure anywhere below the waist and it will definitely fit!

I wore yoga and sweat pants the entire time I was in the hospital and I wore maternity jeans home but this time I'm probably gonna opt for a dress going home.

Oh man, I packed a pair of leggings and a tank top. The tank top was fine but the thought of putting on the leggings just about made me faint. Anything with an elastic waistband that is even a little tight is going to trigger uterine contractions, and MAN those are incapacitating. Thankfully my mom thought ahead and quietly put a super loose maternity maxi skirt in my bag as well. I was so thankful for that! So I wore a maxi skirt and a tank top and was super comfy.

I tried wearing basketball shorts in the hospital as well (we were there a few days in the NICU) and the elastic waistband wasn't even tight, but that little pressure triggered my uterine contractions :(

*I should mention that I have an irritable uterus to begin with though, so I was prone to more contractions than the average postpartum woman*

I wore mat pants home both times, my stomach is pretty fatty so it didn't deflate the second the kid was out lol

Otherwise I'd say sweats or yoga pants :)

I wore some yoga pants and a nursing tank (tight at the top and flared at the bottom) home last time and plan on doing so again but my yoga pants are actual kind of loose fitting ones not super tight spandex. HHonestly I realized the worst part last time wasn't what I ddecided to wear home it was that I didn't have a doughnut or pillow to sit on on the way. I pretty much had to hold myself up the whole time so I didn't feel the bumps! (Even the smallest ones hurt!)

I am planning to wear my maternity jeans (over the bump style) and a singlet top and cardi. I'll be comfy in that.

Keep in mind, your tummy won't be immediately flat again after baby is born so go for comfort :thumbup:

First time I wore yoga pants and a tank top home with a hoodie. I am doing the same this time.

Thanks ladies! I think I'll bring sweats or yoga pants for the hospital and possibly a maxi to wear home and then I have the option once I'm there to see how I feel.

I just wore a nightie the whole time I was in hospital and then with my first who was born in July when it was warm I wore a low waisted skirt and maternity top. With my second who was born in January I wore skirt with tights and a top. The tights didn't bother me as I had two really thick maternity pads on and couldn't feel a thing

A flowey dress is my preference :) That way I don't have to worry about any constrictions anywhere. :)

It's warming up here so I packed draw string baggy shorts and a tshirt. I just bought a nursing bra yesterday. Something comfy and stretchy til the milk comes in and I can buy some that actually fit and support like I need them to.

I wore a nightie that can pass for a soft summery dress. It was long also. Maybe a dress would be a good idea?

I wore jeans but didn't have any stitches. However I wouldn't have been bothered going home in my pjs I was that exhausted. I would say just wear sweats and a big Jumper something big and comfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->