What type of egg is okay to eat?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
Is scrambled egg okay? :) I know fried egg isn't allowed. I need my egg fix, but I want to make sure it's safe first!

I thought as lonf as it was a lion egg its ok to eat? As long as the yorks hard i cant see why its any different to scrabbled:flower:

why wouldn't you be allowed certain types of egg? So long as it is cooked it's fine. Besides the yolk of an egg doesn't carry salmonella, only the white does, I still wouldn't recommend a runny yolk though just in case ha

As long as it's cooked properly then it's perfectly safe to eat x

If you have lion stamped eggs you can have a runny yolk as the lion stamped ones the chickens where vaccinated so won't have salmonella, but if you don't have lion stamped then just make sure the eggs are cooked all the way through and you can have whatever kind you like

I've been eating fried eggs through both of my pregnancies, poached as well. I'm OBSESSED with runny yolk, but I digress... I don't do "sunny side up" because I honestly don't trust the egg white not being done completely. That's just personal preference throughout my whole life, though. Provided everything is cooked? You're cool. Bon Appetite!

Oh fwiw, this is the list my GP told me to work off, it is the official list of the NHS :) I was reading all sorts of false information on other websites.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx#close

No problem :) It's a really handy list and it made me realise that I can eat a lot more that I thought in the beginning ha

woooooow it's actually advocated in the UK to eat sushi?! Here it's so taboo!

Ooh I've gone crazy for a lion stamped runny egg this pregnancy, yum yum! I had sushi for lunch, the pre packed stuff you can get from supermarkets, yummy.

I've been eating fried eggs through both of my pregnancies, poached as well. I'm OBSESSED with runny yolk, but I digress... I don't do "sunny side up" because I honestly don't trust the egg white not being done completely. That's just personal preference throughout my whole life, though. Provided everything is cooked? You're cool. Bon Appetite!

Same ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"