What Vitamins?

geordiemoo

Reaction score
Hi, was just wondering what vitamins you are all taking while you are wttc? I know I should be taking folic acid, anything else? And what about DH, is there anything he should/shouldn't take?

Im taking folic acid and vitamin B complex. I've heard it said you should avoid vitamin A

I'm just taking folic at the moment, but 3 months before I am moving up to Pregnacare since that has lots of goodies in it. :happydance:

I think supplements are all well and good but nothing can beat and good balanced diet. (Easier to say than do! But I plan to stick to it, lots of green veggies!)

I think men can take supplements to help sperm, Zinc is supposed to be a good one.

Hope this helps x

I'm taking centrum 'materna' - they have the recommended dose of folic acid as well as lots of other vitamins such as vitamin A (the beta carotene form), B, C, D, iron etc. They seem to make me a tad queasy right after I've taken one, but they have good reviews....

I'm going to start taking a generic prenatal vitamin from Target in the spring. It's the same brand I was taking when I was preg, and it seems to contain the right amount of vitamins and folic acid!

I'm going to start taking a generic prenatal vitamin from Target in the spring. It's the same brand I was taking when I was preg, and it seems to contain the right amount of vitamins and folic acid!

TBH I might switch to the store brand (I'll check what it has in it first) - my friend gave me the rest of her centrum ones and there's only a month or so left - I think they're rather expensive!

TBH I might switch to the store brand (I'll check what it has in it first) - my friend gave me the rest of her centrum ones and there's only a month or so left - I think they're rather expensive!

Based on my experience, store brand and generic drugs, even vitamins, are just as good as brand-name ones, and much cheaper! I say go for it.

Im just taking a normal multi vitamins since im years off TTC

Sorry for butting in, I'm on a mission! Don't forget that if you have Spina Bifida in the family or are on anti-epileptic drugs or suffer from IBS or Crohns then you will need a higher than normal dose of folic.

So pleased to see you all getting organised! (Does that read as patronising as it sounds??!)
xx

Well, as far as regular multivitamins, I would still recommend a generic brand. They're cheaper, but contain the same ingredients as brand name ones.

Thanks ladies. We're both still losing weight at the moment and improving our diets but more than anything I wanted us to get into the habit of taking vitamins as I am shocking at remembering things like that and DH is even worse. Going to have a look at Tesco next time I'm in as Morrisons didn't seem to have any appropriate ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->