What was your baby's abdominal measurement?

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
So I had my scan last Friday when I was 21+1 weeks pregnant and she called me back in to remeasure his belly but then said ok that's fine and let me go.

I didn't think much of it until earlier when I was flicking through my notes while waiting for my son to finish his dinner and babys tummy is bigger than all the other measurements but I don't know whats normal.

It was 169.5 is that big?

What was yours?

I had my scan a week late so was 21 weeks.

It's about 80th percentile for a 21-week fetus, and that's not bad. Sheesh, my fourth-born had a "Buddha Belly" (tech's words), his abdomen being right along the 90th percentile (between 10th percentile and 90th percentile raises no cause for alarm), and he was born a chunky baby. Bigger than 90th percentile is rarely an issue, either - they'd just ask if diabetes runs in your family and maybe do GD testing, but even then, the chance of having GD is low based on just the fetal size.

My baby's AC is currently on the 87th percentile (204mm at 24 weeks) and they didn't say anything, I only knew from looking at my scan report in my notes!
Her head is measuring quite small (14th percentile) and femur length is average (48th percentile) so I think everything is just pretty out of proportion at this stage..!

I'm having another scan next week (I'll be 25+5) so will be interested to see if it's all evened out a bit, but at your stage, my baby's AC was 157.3mm - which again, was quite a bit bigger than her other measurements at that stage.
I was 20+1, so just a bit less than you - but that would equate to about 169mm at 21+1 weeks, taking into account the weekly 'average' of her measurements in those 4 weeks. So very similar to yours.

Will you be having any more scans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->