What Was Your CM Like After BCP?

NurseMommyTTC

Reaction score
Last cycle was my 1st off bcp. I had a great chart, O'd on CD 19 and AF came at 14 DPO....32 day cycle. But I noticed I never had ewcm around O time, just watery. I know that watery is also fertile, but not as fertile as ewcm. I am wondering if it was the lack of ewcm that caused me not to get pregnant. I also wonder if i didnt have it because it was the 1st cycle of bcp and maybe my body was still trying to figure everything out on its own still....this cycle I am going to see how my cm is and if I dont see ewcm and get another bfn, next month I am going to try Robitussin or something. Has anyone else not had ewcm right after stopping bcp but it then started showing up?

Hi there, I've just stopped BCP too. I was on Cerazette for almost 3 years after having my son in 2012.

I stopped two weeks ago and have been keeping an eye on things. A few days ago I had a massive big glob of what looked like EWCM, it was stretchy and was accompanied by lots of normal EWCM, but I've read online that this glob COULD be like a mucus plug that plugs your cervix whilst you are preventing pregnancy. Not sure if it is the case but it does make sense I guess.

I'm not sure what all the accompanying EWCM was about as I doubt I was ovulating given that I literally only stopped BCP and havent had any sort of bleeding yet, but we'll see I guess.

At the minute it's a watery lotion sort of texture, but there isnt much of it.

Just for info, I was on the mini pill this time, the one where you dont take a break and have no periods whilst taking it.

I was on the pill for 7years. I got off it in August 2014 and my cm around fertile time was cloudy white and stretchy...which is not ewcm....after 9months of ttc and still no ewcm...my CD1 to O time routine has changed...now I have ewcm on two of my most fertile days and I confirm that I O with bbt.

Geritol liquid energy I take in the am

Evening primrose oil-morning,afternoon and night

Very little amount of caffeine(wish I had the willpower to not have any)

Drink lots of water

Grapefruit juice 8oz at least twice a week

Prenatal vitamin I take in the pm

Mucinex I start taking close to O time

I also add preseed lube(use with the applicator).

You can take mucinex, just make sure it is the plain kind and not Mucinex D (the D is a decongestant and will dry you up....) You could have had EWCM, but didn't notice it (could have gone right down the drain while using the bathroom) try checking your cervical position, which will also give you a first hand view of you CM. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->