What was your first AF like?

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
TMI, but I was wondering if you could describe your first Real cycle after being PP and breastfeeding. (Not PP bleed). I am 12 months PP and still BFing. I am quite certain I ov.ed about 9-10 days ago for the first time PP. W my boys I never had a cycle until I was done BFing 100% (ds1 nursed 6 months, ds2 nursed 14 months) Typically I have a 10 day Luteal phase. But I've been going mad thinking I could be pregnant. However w this possibly being my first cycle, it is a challenging getting answers.

Last night I had super light apotting. Didn't even require a panty liner. I had slight cramps but nothing excessive and a little while of a hot flash. Then today all of that stopped. I had brown tinged snotty texture CM this morning. I put a tampon in and its evening here and yet there is nothing on my tampon!

Ordinarily, I wouldn't be surprised w breakthrough bleeding (had I not ovulated). But seeing how we created four babies, all TTC, and either being pregnant or BFing for the last 5 years, I know I ov.ed this AF will be here soon. But it is so odd that it all of a suddenly stopped and now I have no AF symptoms! Also, I am never a spot before AF type of girl :nope: usually I just get full flow-no warning. Though I know BFing changes that. W that said, the only time I had this happen in the past was right before my :bfp: w DS1. So I'm
Not sure what to think :shrug:

Should AF have already emerged given it's been over 24 hours since the spottig started or is this fairly typical of BFing menses?

Bump, I'm also curious! Been having weeks of off/on ewcm with the past few days the most ive ever had in my life, cramping lightly also the last few weeks, but no bleeding or af... negative pregnancy tests!

Following; I'm also curious. Sorry I don't have an answer for you guppy!

I've also had some ewcm on and off as well as cramping but no AF. Jeez, I'm not even 4 months PP and EBF, I'll be fairly pissed if AF arrives so soon!

With Thomas I had 2 weeks of strong cramping and then a full flow. No spotting.

After Sophie it just showed up when she was 9 months. No warning signs or spotting etc.

Just thought I would update my own thread as my first AF started yesterday.

I am 12 months and 3 weeks Postpartum. Still BFing however she recently started STTN as well as going on a nursing strike due to teething. So I believe that is why my cycles got started. Anyways, into the fun stuff ;)

My luteal phase is still 10 days, just like it was pre baby and pre BFing.
I had a drastic BBT temp drop around 2:30am (that's when I take it). I had cramping on and off since ov, which is odd for me. Usually that only happens when I'm pregnant. I had spotting 4 days before the start of my flow. It only lasted a couple of hours that day and was so light I didn't even need more than a small liner. I had cramping and a hot flash, which is common AF for me. The next three days I had nothing. Just on off cramping but no flow and no spotting. Then yesterday my flow started around 11:30am that morning. I had decently bad cramps the night before but no flow or spotting. The cramps never stopped. This is all normal for me as I have endo and bad periods.

Overnight my flow turned heavy. I def would say it is heavy but not as heavy as most periods I've had pre babies. I'm not clotting nearly as much. It is heavy, I even leaked w a pad w wings on them. However I can wear a tampin right now without a liner. For me that is pretty good bc usually my flow is so bad that I have to wear two thin liners plus a super tampon to not ruin my pantys. Maybe it will get worse or maybe it won't. I'll keep u updated.

So far, I would say that my first PP period is similar in pain level than before. At this point I don't have half the blood clots I would have so as it stands today, I would say my period is actually easier than before. Which I think most would be surprised by that as I hear
Horror stories of first AF. And like I said, this could change as AF goes on. But for now I actually think it's slightly easier to deal w. The only negative changer I've experienced is the cramping that lasted pretty much the entire time after I ov.ed It was manageable and nothing extreme but just more an unusual annoyance for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->