What was your first period like after stopping BC?

AnnieJ10

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I posted a few weeks ago about not having a period in 3 mos since stopping the pill. Well this morning I started having some brown spotting. I thought (hoped) that maybe it was implantation bleeding since it was so very light but a few hours later it was a little more red period-looking. My question is, the first period you had after stopping the pill, was it like a normal period, or was it lighter or shorter than normal? I took a hpt today and it was negative.

And for those of you that had a lighter than normal first period, did you have positve ovulation tests that cycle? Thanks so much!:winkwink:

I had my first real period 28 days after stopping BCP. It was crampier and heavier than when I was on the pill, and it still is 6 months later. My cycle is around 27-29 days.

Are you sure about if/when you ovulated? (bbt or opk's)

I do really hope this is implantation bleeding for you...but if not 3 months seems like a long time with no period...maybe good to ask your doctor if you haven't already!

Good luck!

Thanks, I think it is my period though, got heavier and crampier since yesterday :/ at least now I start tracking ovulation or attempt to! Good luck to you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->