What was your hcg at 4 weeks? UPDATE 12/18

Julia35

Reaction score
I was so excited when I got my bfp yesterday! Today, I feel so down. The nurse called with my results: hcg:112, progesterone:38.6. The progesterone is great, but everything I read shows the hcg is "normal" but not the typical number for 4 weeks.

I go back tomorrow for repeat labs. :cry:

My 2nd lab results: hcg: 335...one more point and it would have tripled in 48 hours!!! :cloud9: progesterone: 45.3.

HCG was 102 and progesterone was 12.5! I think the progesterone is just as important because a lot of the time when a pregnancy is doomed the first thing the body does is stop making progesterone to sustain the pregnancy. My progesterone was just within acceptable limits (10 is the lowest with a viable pregnancy) and my RE said my hcg was great. Some women produce more some less but as you'll read in everyone's responses it is the doubling rate that is important. Congrats on your pregnancy and happy holidays!:xmas12:

I never got my blood drawn at 4 weeks. But at 5w2d it was 13000 and 5w4d it was 24500.

mine was 61 at 4 weeks. I think your numbers look great. :thumbup: What really matters is that they increase and double within 72 hours. But even if they don't it doesn't always mean something bad. with this pregnancy I had a doubling time that was more like 5 days and this baby is healthy:thumbup:

112 is completely normal for a singleton at 4w.

I called after reading this. My progesterone is 22.16 and hcg 121.

My hcg was 91 at 4 weeks. Then two days later it only went up 60%, but at that rate would have doubled within the 72 hour limit. My doctor was completely happy with those numbers and so far so good. So you are in the safe range and remember, it's the doubling that matters, not the actual number. H&H 9 months to you!

Sounds normal to me like all the other ladies said: as long as they are going up. :) mine were 2493 at exactly 5 weeks but that doesn't mean much just the fact that they doubled every other day was what counted :) good luck!

Thanks so much ladies...you've helped me to at least stop crying! I googled the question "what was your hcg at 4 weeks" and most of the replies were like 250 and up! The few that were close to my level, ended in mc.

At 14 dpo in this pregnancy it was 210, at 14 dpo in my first pregnancy it was 150. The range is so wide that the number itself doesn't really matter, just that it's doubling in 48-72 hours. Around 100 is completely normal for 4 weeks though!

Thanks so much ladies...you've helped me to at least stop crying! I googled the question "what was your hcg at 4 weeks" and most of the replies were like 250 and up! The few that were close to my level, ended in mc.

Yes people tend to post about their losses more than normal pregnancies so when you google you get what people took time to post about. I think this forum is good in that way because there are a variety of women to ask these questions and you get a great cross section of information.

If I remember correctly it was about 60 at 4 weeks. I was so disappointed I thought I was in for another miscarriage. They were 436 three days later.

Sometimes the internet can be a blessing, other times not so much.

You're all so supportive and kind. Thank you very much!

Mine were high at 4 weeks...4 w 2 d 2900, but all pregnancies are different. Are you getting bloods done again? Most important thing is that thy are doubling.

Eta just read you're getting tested agin tomorrow.

my hcg was 6 at 5 weeks and did a slow crawl of every 4 days instead of the norm 36-72 hours...progesterone is important but i know plent of women who had very low progesterone and had very healthy babys..Remember that everyone pregnancy is different and so is everyone one. :)n Your numbers sound wonderful, I dont know why they would scare you with that at all :(..What matters is they double at some point...
did you get another draw yet?

here is a chart you may look at, now remember its just a round about but its close to what the numbers would be

3 weeks LMP 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7-8 weeks LMP 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
9-12 weeks LMP 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
13-16 weeks LMP 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
17-24 weeks LMP 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
25-40 weeks LMP 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml
Women who are not pregnant <5.0 mIU/ml
Women after menopause 9.5 mIU/ml

37.7 (apparently the hospital measures down to a decimal) at 4 weeks 1 day. 2 days later was 125. 5 days later was 1016. I am now 13 weeks, 2 days and all is well!

Thanks so much ladies! I feel hopeful! I've been taking the clear blue weeks estimator tests twice per day (expensive habit, if you ask me!). They have always read 1-2 weeks until this morning, and it read 2-3 weeks. I've read that that your hcg has to be over 200 for it to read 2-3, so that was good! I go back today, and will have the results tomorrow. They said they usually wait 72 hours between betas, but mine will be a hair under 48.

Thanks so much ladies! I feel hopeful! I've been taking the clear blue weeks estimator tests twice per day (expensive habit, if you ask me!). They have always read 1-2 weeks until this morning, and it read 2-3 weeks. I've read that that your hcg has to be over 200 for it to read 2-3, so that was good! I go back today, and will have the results tomorrow. They said they usually wait 72 hours between betas, but mine will be a hair under 48.

That's a good sign I think! Be sure to keep us updated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->