what was your managers like when you returned to work?

youngwife20

Reaction score
hi ladies am i the only one?

I Returned back to work yesturday and my manager has been punishing me because i am only gonna be in for a month before my new matleave.

doing things like :

Saying il submit your return to work form in" and actualy not doing anything all she had to do was scan it over .. i recieved loads of emails from hr saying my manager hasnt doen it and if she doesnt do it i will not get paid for a month. the deadline day came she didnt do it and i had to contact different team managers to process it for me, i was really stressed.

then my parking spot i work in a big building if u dont have onsight parking you have to park miles away i have spd. she said she would sumbit my form for it. she sumbited it late. and also when she said she would check on an update she never came back to me.

i contacted parking people myself and within seconds they signed me up for a temp park spot while im there.

at work she said to me because i wont be on the fones as i need to be retrained no point training me for a month that il just do admin. she knew what date i was returning but had nothing for me to do so she said " i need you to write out this conversation word for word for me" it was about more than 30mins long! i said " great i love doing stuff like that" she said.. oh.. well nevermind then dont do it as if she wanted me to hate it.

with matleave my manager prevouslyy the day i came in for a kit day told me infront of her i can carry 5 days over to my next yrs alocation when i return. i even wrote this in a confirmation letter to her.

she didnt do it and booked all my days in and said " thats unacceptabkle its not a done thing i would need authorization." is this true???

i told her the hours i wanna do 2 months in advance i emailed her several times to ask her if this is okay she said yes confirming the hours in writing. the day i am due to start i recieve an email saying " ur finishing 30mins later" when i couldnt get to my daughter ontime to pick her up i had the hugest stomach cramp and i was almost crying. now im using my holidays for those 30mins so i dont have to come in. im just not sure what to do.

when i came in for my kit day she interigated me saying " YOU HAVE TO WORK TILL 8PM GET A CHILDMINDER OR PUT HER IN NUSRERY" i said no nurserys open till 8pm and i have noeone to pick her up.. and she was questioning me asking me why no childminder blabla really making me feel awful.

my matform for this maternity leave i asked her to send it over asap takes 2 mins .. she said no il do it tuesday. i said dont worry il take it down to hr myself she said " hr dont like people visiting so you cant go"

I asked her can i have a certian day of. ( bare in mind i wont be on the phones) she said i need you in coz were short staffed) but how would me being in make a difference im just sitting there reading emails??

i dont knoow what to do just grin and bare it for a month. does this seem normal or what?

No, it seems like she has it out for you! Is there someone you could talk to at your work about it? It seems like some of those things- the scheduling especially, you could fight since you have the confirmation in writing already.

I'm sorry she's being like this and stressing you out!

In sorry she is being like this.

I've been back since September and my boss hardly speaks to me.

When I had my meeting about returning to work he was awkward about my hours wanting me to do five mornings. I told him this wouldn't be possible due to child are arrangements. Later he offered 3 days as long as I would be flexible and change days or come in for extra meetings when needed.

He pretty much avoids me. I think it's only because in part time and he wanted me back full time. I'm fine with this though and looking forward to having number 2 so I can have mat leave and hopefully did a new job so I won't have to go back.

Hope she is snaps out of it soon :)

I'd speak to someone in hr about it. They should be worried that you'll sue them for constructive dismissal (basically making your work so intolerable you'll leave because they want rid but have no grounds to sack you).

Otherwise smile and nod, smile and nod for a month until you leave to spend time with your lovely babies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_dismissal

See the bit on what counts as constructive dismissal under UK law.

Are you in a union or anything? I'd speak to them or to someone else in your company- you mentioned different managers? That's not fair on you :(

" hr dont like people visiting so you cant go"

Your HR department are there for you to go to!!!! Of course they wouldn't mind you going, that's your boss saying that because she's being a complete cow.

Go to HR, and tell them everything above, she wont like it - in fact she'll hate it, but at least you can be smug for a month.

What a bitch. Go to hr and tell them everything and start a diary too hun, make sure everything is written in it of how difficult they are being.

Im assuming this manager doesnt have children? If she doesnt then when she says stuff like the whole get a childminder til 8 thing, say something along the lines of 'dear god, you can tell you dont have children' and really start to patronise her!

You can play this game too hun. Im no expert on what you can and cant do kids wise, but I am sure you are protected by flexi working or something along those lines. There are some really knowledgable girls on here that know the ins and outs of working law. Hopefully one of those girls can help you!
xxx

What a bitch! You NEED to report her to HR! Dont let her get away with this it is bullying! Put all you have said here - and anything else to HR, when u are on matty leave you are still employed so you can raise this against her...a nice black mark for her........and when u come back if her behaviour is the same, pursue it again. If you cannot bare to go back because of this and quit............look into raising an constructive Dismissal case or whatever it is - the one where you feel you HAVE to leave a workplace due to the actions of others. But you would have to go to HR first I think.

As for the making u stay 30 mins longer...............I'm pretty sure she cant as you have your hours in writing. Stick to them. She cannot do anything I'm sure. If I am say. late for work and get in at 9am due to traffic or other issues.......I cannot stay till 5:30, I MUST leave at 5pm to get LO.

No, it seems like she has it out for you! Is there someone you could talk to at your work about it? It seems like some of those things- the scheduling especially, you could fight since you have the confirmation in writing already.

I'm sorry she's being like this and stressing you out!

nooene i can talk to it seems everyione is her bestfriend!

TO ADD\- I WANTED TO SCan my maternity information to hr so it can be processed she told me " u cant use the scanner u need a special code to use it. BULLSHIT when she wasnt in i used it fine!

I TRIED to email asking hr about some things everything i email to them they said to my manager i just sent them an email " Can you please stop forwarding my emails to my manager i wanted a second opinion if i wanted to ask her id ask her myself she sits behind me"

What a bitch! You NEED to report her to HR! Dont let her get away with this it is bullying! Put all you have said here - and anything else to HR, when u are on matty leave you are still employed so you can raise this against her...a nice black mark for her........and when u come back if her behaviour is the same, pursue it again. If you cannot bare to go back because of this and quit............look into raising an constructive Dismissal case or whatever it is - the one where you feel you HAVE to leave a workplace due to the actions of others. But you would have to go to HR first I think.

As for the making u stay 30 mins longer...............I'm pretty sure she cant as you have your hours in writing. Stick to them. She cannot do anything I'm sure. If I am say. late for work and get in at 9am due to traffic or other issues.......I cannot stay till 5:30, I MUST leave at 5pm to get LO.
hun its making me really upset all this its sunday im not even working but im up all night worrying and crying. i cant leave or il have to pay the one yrs maternity back. im stuck here. the thing is everyone is her friend. i dont even know who to go to in hr :(

In sorry she is being like this.

I've been back since September and my boss hardly speaks to me.

When I had my meeting about returning to work he was awkward about my hours wanting me to do five mornings. I told him this wouldn't be possible due to child are arrangements. Later he offered 3 days as long as I would be flexible and change days or come in for extra meetings when needed.

He pretty much avoids me. I think it's only because in part time and he wanted me back full time. I'm fine with this though and looking forward to having number 2 so I can have mat leave and hopefully did a new job so I won't have to go back.

Hope she is snaps out of it soon :)
aww its weird how they suddenly change hugs x

Let me give you a background story- my previous manager was worse. I gave him my matb form at 22 or so weeks. he told me it had all been sorted then on the last day when i was due to start my holiday and he wasnt in work, i found out he hadnt sorted out my maternity leave or even sent the form to anyone he had left it in his draw. and i hd to sort it out on my last day. i did complain when i was part of the union but the union reps all work in my office and are his friends so nothing was done :( now she is taking over his job as hes moved departments. but he obvously has been talking about me because he was there talking shit when i came in on a kit day. 2 of them sitting opposite me like they were ganging up on me. im 7 months pregnant and i am just sick of this because nothing gets done. ununion were shit so i left them

Are you in a union or anything? I'd speak to them or to someone else in your company- you mentioned different managers? That's not fair on you :(

hi hun my prevoious manager was in the meeting about working out what shift im gonna do when i come back. my current manager didnt even say anything! i cnt speakk to any other manager about it as they love each other lol x x

What a bitch. Go to hr and tell them everything and start a diary too hun, make sure everything is written in it of how difficult they are being.

Im assuming this manager doesnt have children? If she doesnt then when she says stuff like the whole get a childminder til 8 thing, say something along the lines of 'dear god, you can tell you dont have children' and really start to patronise her!

You can play this game too hun. Im no expert on what you can and cant do kids wise, but I am sure you are protected by flexi working or something along those lines. There are some really knowledgable girls on here that know the ins and outs of working law. Hopefully one of those girls can help you!
xxx
no she has none honestly she is so not understanding i explained to her i cant park to far because of my spd she goes " its onnly 5 minutes" arrghh i cant deal with her , i will do what u said xx and the flexi time is ur allowed to apply for it but they dont have to accept it lol xx the mods moved this thread to the work corner which noeone hardly comes too which is why i wanted it in babys coz more ppl will respond ohwell xx

is it acas i can speak to ? i want to send someone my complaince and they can help me word it properly and see if its worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->