what was your symptoms for gallstones with women who have had them?

rachael22

Reaction score
im writing because im so confused as to what the symptoms are,im waiting for an ultrasound on my gallbladder.

im reading things on the internet and im scaring myself constantly :cry: im on a really low one 2day! can you get aches and pains everyday with gallbladder issues even if your not in a great deal of pain? its coming and going in waves all day everyday!

thanks ladies Xx

My pain was mostly after I'd eaten something a bit fatty :dohh: so predominantly at night, and no pain killers would ease it.

Sorry I'm feeding baby, just re-read the post. Mine was never all day / everyday but mine is now controlled by meds so not that serious I guess - my friends was more constant, she went to a&e when it got bad enough so bumped up the list :hugs: have the doctors given you anything in the meantime? Hound them if you are in pain :hugs:

My pain was mostly after I'd eaten something a bit fatty :dohh: so predominantly at night, and no pain killers would ease it.

Sorry I'm feeding baby, just re-read the post. Mine was never all day / everyday but mine is now controlled by meds so not that serious I guess - my friends was more constant, she went to a&e when it got bad enough so bumped up the list :hugs: have the doctors given you anything in the meantime? Hound them if you are in pain :hugs:

its not a pain well not the pains i did have where i thought i was having a heart attack. and someome stabbing in my back and stomach. its a constant dull ache around my rib cage that goes up my back and onto my shoulders feels like someone is standing on them dont know if u have ever heard of chinese burns well it feels like that, it comes and goes in waves all day it is bearable though, i havent been 100% since 16th dec when i had my first attack but i havent had a serious attack since early january :shrug: ive just had a sausage roll and can feel it all flaring up around my rib cage now!

i was just wondering what everyone elses pains and symptoms were and wear was they getting the pains?

xx

i would say pain ,pain and more pain but usually someknid of food alergy triggers it

I had an ultrasound last may for suspected gallstones and it showed one very large stone.

For me its not a constant pain, its defo worse when pregnant or newly postpartum. I get alot of pain in my chest and it radiates into my back and shoulders. The only meds to ease it are vicodin :shock: Thankfully the attacks are not too common.

Strange thing is I fit none of the riskfactors for gallstones so It was hard to get a diagnosis. I'm underweight, young, low cholesterol, healthy diet.

Hope you get some answers soon:hugs:

Mine is usually stomach/ribs area, and its not painful enough to cry or anything like that - its a constant ache for usually a matter of a few hours at a time, but it is enough to stop me from sleeping and cannot get comfortable at all.

Mine is usually stomach/ribs area, and its not painful enough to cry or anything like that - its a constant ache for usually a matter of a few hours at a time, but it is enough to stop me from sleeping and cannot get comfortable at all.

thats like me aching for a few hours then eases then it can start again! does your stomach burn and chest with it to? i went on a girly night out last night and was drinking vodka and my stomach was burning at 1st but i took an omerprazole like the doctor said to! stomach wasnt burning after a few vodkas then :haha:

Mine was like a stabbing/really bad indigestion pain in my rib cage! The 3 bad attacks i had (with one ending in being blue lighted in) were the worst pain i have ever experienced! I couldn't breathe and thought i was having a stroke (as did my OH). I had an US the next day and have an infected and imflammed Gall bladder and "numerous" stones. When i had my op, it turned out i had 52!!

yep the pain is unbearable and only goes for me with lots of morphine
rachel you describe it well wit chinese burn pain.
i still get the pains after ive had my gallbladder out
pregnancy can cause gallstones
x

OMG i woke up last night with the most awful pain in my upper stomach between my ribcage that went all they way up the centre of my chest it was awful burning/stinging/stabbing! it lasted about 45 mins i thought i would of had to spend my bday in hospital as its my bday 2day. thankfully the pain eased but ive woke up sore and achy!

eugh I know how you feel! I had my first g/bladder attack 3 years ago and I really thought I was dying then it stopped. And its come back the last month even though I'm on a low fat diet :( the pain is not fun. I went to the doc tlast week and my ultrasound is in 2 weeks. Does anyone know what the waiting times are to get the op?x xx

i dont know how long it is for the gallbladder to be taken out but i have my ultrasound 2mrw so fingers crossed it is gallstones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->