What was your worst week for MS..?

amy2boys

3 boys, girl on the way!
Reaction score
I am 8wks today and my ms is awful. Didn't have any with ds1 and only mild nausea for 1wk with ds2. I have been ill since the day I got BFP but has got SO bad in last 4/5 days..Dr has put me on anti-sickness tabs which don't seem to be helping alot.
I want to know what was your worst week...when did u peak? And when did you feel better? How long will I feel like this??

With my first my worst was around 10 weeks, but it did last quite a lot longer than average - until about 30 weeks (but this is really unusual so don't worry!).

I just wanted to say that with the anti sickness tablets, if they're not doing anything then go back to your doctors. With my first i had to try 3 different types before i found ones that worked for me, that didn't just make me fall alseep or do absolutely nothing... Definitly persevere because it makes all the difference. I'm about 8 weeks too now with my second and on anti sickness tabs again so i feel your pain, hopefully your sickness goes soon! x

thanks so much for that....my dr has put me on Avomine..they not really helping with sickness they just make me so drowsy and sleepy, have to take them before bed or I out of it ...what are you on now? What else will they try?? Thanks.x

Mine was the worst between 7 and 13 weeks. Cant advice anything but mints and hot water bottle hun Xx

Mine started at 7 weeks and week 8 was the worst for me so far. Saying that, I was put back a week at my early scan, so maybe it started it week 6 and was worse week 7?! Am going to wait till my NHS scan next week to hopefully find out for sure how far along I am!

Now! I'm finding I am waking up around half four in the morning feeling sooo sick, then feeling it on and off all day. Haven't got dressed or left sofa today as feel so sick!

Mine was the worst during weeks 6-9 and have eased off considerably since then. I still feel a bit off if I haven't eaten for several hours, so I'm trying to follow the strategy of having several small meals throughout the day. I was never as bad as you're describing though, I feel so sorry for you!

Definitely this week! (week 8-9) I have only had nausea up until now but Tuesday and yesterday was really sick. I know it's not bad going compared to others but I've been going along getting used to the nausea, which in itself isn't very pleasant but is manageable, then comes along the sickness :( hope it's just contained to this week! X

I would say I felt the worst between weeks 6 and 7. It carried on like that till about week 9 ish. I have only just started feeling better, but I still get waves of nausea quite often but no where near as bad as it was. There is light at the end of the tunnel hun...

week 6-7 was the worst for me, it has started to ease off a lot at week 9 x

For me week 6 and 7 but I am only 8 weeks about. The doctor put me on diclectine I find sometimes it works but most often it doesn't and it just makes me fall asleep. I was told I can take more then 2 tablets a day but haven't tried it as I don't want to pass out! I really found that sleeping in till 10am helped a lot! If you can do that, when I wake up early I find I am a lot worse off then when I get the extra couple hours of sleep.

At the moment i'm on Metaclopramide, i was on this with DS1, and also another one called Cyclizine. I've come across Avomine before (with my first i had hyperemesis and did a lot of research into anti sickness drugs and 'cures' lol) and i know it's an anti-histamine which is probably why it's making you so sleepy. With my tablets i take them three times a day, with DS i was taking my other tabs twice a day in between these ones. It really is a case of trial and error, what works for one person might not work for another but seriously don't be afraid to go back to your doctors - i used to be in there 3 times a week going 'It's not working!!!' lol. x

mine has been bad since week 6, and im 12 weeks now. was put on phenagern and bucastem, but they didnt really work. its horrible i know. what i find odd is that the pregnancy book i was given only had a tiny section on ms, as if it wasnt that much of a problem! ive been crippled by it. i hope you feel better soonx

My MS started exacty at 6 weeks on the dot. My peak week was around 7 1/2 to 8 weeks, and I am now 10 weeks 2 days and I think it's gone.

My doc gave me Sea Bands, ginger gum, Zofran, and suppositories.

I tried the first 3... And the winner is Zofran.

Good luck darlin, hopefully yours will be done soon. Just don't let your tummy get empty or overstuffed, and let people pamper you. Just take it easy. You are the temple to a wonderful creation. And that creation is making you miserable. But it will all be worth it in the end. =)

~Heather
10 Weeks 2 Days
Pregnant with 1st Child

Have had only very mild MS from about week 7. Worst was week 11 & at 13w3d, I think I can say it's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->