What week did you go into labor (WITHOUT INDUCTION) with your FIRST child?

liz_legend

Reaction score
:flower: Alright, I'm getting impatient and want to know when you all went into labor so that I can hope to go around 38 or 39 :)

VOTE IN THE POLL ABOVE!

Research Source: https://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/233200.html
Stats I've come across -

The Calculating Due Dates (https://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/birthed/duedatespaper.htm) page also has a graph with percentages broken down per week, from extrapolated data from different sources. It states that births break down as follows (from eyeballing the bar graph):

Before 37 weeks: 4%
37 weeks: 5%
38-39 weeks: 10%
39-40 weeks: 20%
40-41 weeks: 35%
41-42 weeks: 20%
Over 42 weeks: 10%
(the numbers do not add up to 100%, but unfortunately data is not given for the graph)

i voted 38-39 as i went in to labour naturally at 38+6

I'm convinced it was having sex & orgasming that set me off :blush:

My waters went naturally at 40+13 but I ended up being induced at 40+14 because nothing started on its own!

40 +3 i started off on labor probably started at 40 +10 he was born 40+13

I am a childbirth educator, and studies reveal that a first time mom goes about 1 week and 1 day overdue. (its different for everyone though, as its just an average). I would just assume you'll go over and then be happily surprised if you dont :D It makes it much easier, mentally, when your in that mindset.

I went into labor on my own at 41+4 (with PROM) and i gave birth at 41+5

I went into labour at 41 weeks and my son was born the same day xx

My water broke at 39+4, and he was born 39+5. I was actually disappointed. I expected and was well prepared to go at least a week over. My son had other ideas. I don't hold on to my due date, the baby is born when it is all ready to go.

^We dont even tell ppl the EDD (except for BnB ;)) we just tell ppl, "the baby will be here by mid march". That keeps a lot of stress out of the picture!

^We dont even tell ppl the EDD (except for BnB ;)) we just tell ppl, "the baby will be here by mid march". That keeps a lot of stress out of the picture!

Same here, I just say end of November, or beginning of December, whenever the baby decides it is ready.

I went into labour at 39w 0d and she was born at 39w+ 1d after a 23 hour labour .

I was a week overdue with my first, babies come when they want no matter how much you try to prepare.

Woke up with mild contractions at 40+5, he arrived the next day - despite me trying everything in the book from 38 weeks :rofl:

i voted 39 - 40 but i went into labour on my due date- 5 am - my waters broke whilst i was asleep- as you can guess i woke up pretty quick lol x x

lol im sticking with " The baby will be here for Christmas " even though im due nearly 3 wks before Christmas lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->