What were you doing when you went into labour??

MelanieSweets

Reaction score
Hello,

I just wondered if there was a pattern in what people were doing when they went into labour or there waters broke/contractions started etc, I get the impression being active really helps as this is how my niggles always start much more than when i am being a lazy moo ....

Desperate times calls for desperate measures :rofl:

i was sleeping!!
woke up to a wet bed!!!
not very active there ....

:rofl::rofl:

xx​

The mw gave me an internal and told me my waters had broke i was like noway i would know ...stood up and flooded the place

I was asleep ... woke up to my waters breaking at 4am!!

My MIL was hoovering when her waters broke in 3 out of 4 pregnancies!

I was out on a long day shopping spree when i started getting mild contractions, so i guess walking alot!

I had been to my ex's graduation day and then went for my sweep at the hospital. Got home and my friend came round and it all kicked off!

i was just lying on my bed when i thought i'd wet myself :o hadn't done anything active through out my preg asi had spd/pgp and he came at 39 weeks.

xXx

With my first I had a busy day cleaning as i knew i was being induced the next day (i was around 40 weeks) had a bath and went to bed about 10pm and my contractions started within about 10 mins, with my second it was mid-morning time and i was pegging out the washing when my first noticable contractions started that happened on my due date xxx

I was 2 weeks overdue and due to be induced on the Thursday. On the Tuesday night I put the TV on and watched Richard Hammond on BBC iPlayer and Pop my waters went on the bed! There was no mistaking it .... LO wasnt born until the Thursday anyway in the end.

Before all that because I was so overdue I was doing everything imaginable (and unimaginable!) to get things going ...

xxxx

I was just pottering around the house and on BnB lol when I had mild cramps then I had a bath and that was it !!!! It didn't step up a gear it literally went into overdrive !!!!

Before I got the mild pains I had been measuring the floor at our new house maybe that was it !

Get the tape measure out lol

had a little tiff with my daughters dad and stormed off. by the time i got home i noticed i had slight cramping and then it all went from there. she was 2 days early.

wouldnt recomend having a row tho lol

My mum fell out a car door?

Lol

Wouldn't recommend it, people in my family tend to fall and go into labour. My sister fell off a tramploline and my friend down the stairs, both their waters broke

I was just wakening up and i stretched and pop my waters started to go, i thought i was weeing so i tensed my muscles to stop them and then a big gush came!

I was asleep in bed with DS and a contraction woke me up at about 6am. So deffinatley not doing anything remotley active lol xx

with my first i was helping my oh fit laminate floor x

I'm sure its because of my last labour starting whilst pegging out the washing i'm sooo obsessed with keeping on finding stuff to wash now! I keep thinking that thats where its going to happen again :dohh: but after reading this thread reckon i'm gonna just chill out as it seems it doesnt really make any difference what your doing! xxx

My waters went with my first after being induced i was laying down. I didnt have a very active pregnancy when i carried her.
I can remember a distinct feeling of pressure then a pop !!
Baby was born 24 hours after that.. had a long ole labour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->