What will baby wear to sleep?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
What do you plan to have baby be wearing when putting them to bed? At my shower I received quite a few sleep sacks, however they would be swimming for a NB and probably all the way up until 3 months because I think they're huge. So I'm curious what other ladies plan to lay LO's down in.

I will be doing exactly what I did with my daughter, he will go to sleep in a onesie, and we will be using gro bags (I'm not sure what you call them where you are) but basically it's something like this https://www.gro-store.co.uk/silver-sea-lion-18-36-mth-3-5-tog.html

:)

I've just always put them in a vest and sleepsuit, and then wrapped them up tight in a blanket with another loosely over the top :)

Vest, sleepsuit and then swaddle probably.if she still seems cold then a blanket over the top. Then once she's big enough she will go in a sleeping bag :) xx

Most of my sleeping bags are from 7 lb so given dd was 8 lb 2 oz I suspect they'll go straight into the sleeping bags - like dd did.

Then if you look on gro baby website there is charts with what baby should wear with what thickness bag at different temperatures.

https://gro.co.uk/pages/what-to-wear
Thing to be aware is if using blankets must do feet to foot. With sleeping bags that's not needed.

I use a sleep sacks, then swaddled in a light muslin and then I put a loose blanket over him. The sleep sack is pretty big on him, but before I swaddle him I pull it down so it's only loose on his feet. I love these because he literally poops 5 or more times a night!

Thank you for the input ladies! The chart is really helpful :)

We have quite a few of the gro sleep bags although I think they're just labeled sleep sacks here, they just seem so big to put baby in! The tag says "0-9 months" so I feel like looking up the brands to see what they're actual measurements are.

I use a sleep sacks, then swaddled in a light muslin and then I put a loose blanket over him. The sleep sack is pretty big on him, but before I swaddle him I pull it down so it's only loose on his feet. I love these because he literally poops 5 or more times a night!

Oh my what a pooper you've got!:haha: I love how the sleep sacks unzip from the bottom:thumbup:

my little guy is sleeping mostly in a onesie and pants, only bc most of what we have doesn't fit him yet. I prefer the sleeper sacks though, especially if they snap shut. Makes it so much easier for nighttime diaper changes.

I can't swaddle him because he hates it. Likes to have his legs and arms free (ds1 was the same exact way). So we lay him down, and have a blanket on him. He normally kicks it off during naps.

Thank you for the input ladies! The chart is really helpful :)

We have quite a few of the gro sleep bags although I think they're just labeled sleep sacks here, they just seem so big to put baby in! The tag says "0-9 months" so I feel like looking up the brands to see what they're actual measurements are.

Oh my what a pooper you've got!:haha: I love how the sleep sacks unzip from the bottom:thumbup:

lol my lo does the same. Very gassy boy. Takes after OH. Pretty sure he's lactose intolerant just like his dad too.

I also have a sleeper I bought a while back that is 0-9 months. I like the fact that he can grow with it...but at the same time, with him just at 5lbs, he'd be swimming in it,and he likes to pull his arms in too.

I plan to use just a sleeper body suit with a SleepSack Swaddle, so it will be tight around the upper body and loose at the legs. Although I'm a ftm and know nothing :haha:

We had to be very careful to not over dress ds as he was a warm baby, I would monitor the temperature in your room and look up the layers required and you probably find it's less than you think.
In his moses basket he had vest, sleepsuit, sheet and one or two layers of cellular blanket.
In his cot he had depending on the temperature a different mixture of long or short sleeve vest and or sleepsuit plus growbag/sleepsac. We had 2 different tog ratings. It isn't recommended that you use extra blankets with them.
If it was colder we would do blanket layers but no sleeping bag.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->