what would u reply to this text?? from my date for 2mro.

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
im meeting a guy from a dating site tomorrow and am very excited haha but he just text me saying "i gotta try and borrow some money for tomorrow cos im skint. dunno why im telling ubut thought id be honest lol"
i dunno what im meant to say back. he doesnt really need money we can just buy a bottle of wine between us and drink slowly but i dnt wanan say taht cos then it sounds like im desp to meet him and im thinking of solutions. or doesnt it?

er,im not sure actually hun!...
At first it sounded as though he might be wanting you to offer to pay?
But you could say not to worry about the money and that you can go halves? that doesnt make you sound desperate at all hun x

oh i hope he doesnt expect me to pay for everything! but thnaks ill say that xx

halves sounds like a good plan. Just be a little bit wary, its odd that he is telling you this lol.

I duno actually how i'd take that...To be very honest I'm quite shallow and wouldn't go out with anyone skint, but then i dont expect everyone to be as shallow as me :) x

If he is that cute you pay for the wine and get him drunk lol

im also shallow about looks so could possibly forgive him being skint if he is a hunk lol

id do the oh its okay we will go halfs :) good luck hun have a nice time xxx

sooooo what happened? how did it go? and i like this picture idea :)

hah i havent been yet! itsa tonight
im getting nervous
ok should i post a pic?? am i allowed?x

oooh I go for looks over money any day - my OH is proper gorgeous but was skint when we met and didn't even own a car that went lol
Was worth it though cos now he has plenty of money and is still gorgeous hehehehe

I would just reply saying 'OK, will go halves anyway, see you tomorrow!' That way it doesn't seem like you are bothered that he is skint, and also that you aren't saying 'don't worry' - which might mean he doesnt need to borrow any!!

hah i havent been yet! itsa tonight
im getting nervous
ok should i post a pic?? am i allowed?x

You shouldnt really, thats not really fair on him to be honest.
If it was me I wouldnt want my pic on forums!

I would of said 'I wasn't expecting for you to pay for the entire night, you just make sure you sort yourself out and I'll sort myself, you can treat me to the second date' but that's just because i am cheeky and would assume theres a 2nd date haha

cant you put it on the delete it lol

Have a lovely date...How exciting havent been on a date in yrs, but then I have a gorgeous hubby so can't moan really lol...xx

I wouldnt not go out with someone because they were skint, In fact the best date I ever had was with someone unemployed. I once went on a date with a rich buisnesman and it was naff lol but on topic, have fun x

On my first proper date with OH (after meeting first time) he took me to his mums house and he bought me a takeaway and a bottle of lambrini :rofl: I didn't mind tho coz he's gorgeous too and i'm easy pleased :blush: that was six years ago and we've had much better 'dates' since!

Oh and his mum was out lol, that would have been weird :rofl:

I'd do the halves thing, me and OH used to always put our money together to go out, i dont like men paying for everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->