what would you choose?

beachlover1

Pregnant and mummy of one
Reaction score
i am 8 weeks preg but MC at the mo, its my 3rd time. 2 before my LO, hes now 1 and now this!!!

Im bleeding, not too heavy and im going in to be scanned tomorrow to confirm. I want it over with!!! do i go for D&C or medical mgt? I had a D&C before 2 years ago to the day :-( and it was fine, but im concious of having too many!!!! i was thinking Med mgt, especially as i am bleeding already.

I want to try again next month if poss, and i know thats not really advisable after a D&C.

I never waited after my second one, and have my darling little man as living proof i didnt need to wait!

What would you do?/did you choose?

I DO NOT want to wait for a natural.....its been 5 days of spot spot spoy already and im hating it, a constant reminder!:cry:

So sorry for your loss. I chose to have a D&C (my dr. actually advised it), but I wasn't bleeding yet and my hormone levels were still increasing, so I wasn't sure how long it would have taken my body to realize there was no baby:nope: I didn't really want a D&C originally, but I am glad I chose to do it. I have a lot of respect for the women who choose to miscarry naturally. I think the procedure helped bring some closure and I felt a little better about being under the care of a dr. and not MC at home. My Dr. never offered the pills- so I don't know if that isn't an option at his practice? Good Luck, I know it is a difficult choice and only you know whats right for YOU.:hugs:

Plus, I have heard of so many people who choose to MC naturally and end up with a D&C anyway. My thought was if I might need it anyway, I might as well do it first and start the healing process sooner.

If it were me I'd choose D&C, I m/c naturally New Years Day this year after waiting 4 weeks. D&C was never offered x

i chose to have the medical management but it was awful for me, so so painful and the horror of it all, i ended up bleeding so bad i was rushed to hospital and ended up with an emergency d&c anyway. I landed myself a near blood transfusion and a weeks stat in hospital. Iam still on iron tablets and will be for another 2mths. I dont want to scare you just sharing my experience so you know all possibilities, i know my situation was a bit extreme but even having to go through loss at home was just horrid and yet thats why i chose mm so that i could have my home comforts and my husband by my side but in all honesty it haunts me and EVERY time i sit on that toilet i think of that day. If i had known i would have chosen the d&c. I wish you all the best and hope you make the right choice for you :hugs:

I had to go naturally because my sac had shrunk it was 19mm a week later 16mm I had to wait til sac got 20mm, the miscarriage was very painful I'm not going to lie I dilated to 3cm and felt the urge to push, I would get the d&c if offered!

I chose the medicine which was a painful process however six weeks later I found out that everything hadn't come out yet (a total shocker considering everything that had came out). I ended up having to have d&c yesterday. :nope: This has been very upsetting and wish I had just went with the d&c to begin with.

Good luck to you. :hugs:

HI hun. I found out at nearly 8 weeks that i had a blighted ovum. I chose to wait it out. I didnt pass it till 15 weeks and ended up having a blood transfusion.

I know this is extreme but i totally regret not have a D and C.

It made everything so confusing after as i bled for over a month and had positive hcgs for 6 weeks or more after.

I think a D and C gives you closure, gets rid of the hcg and gives you a clean slate.

Sorry you are going through this hun:hugs:

i had medical management and was fine with it, no extra complications, only bled for a week, but it's not a dignified process at all and the day of staying in a room will drive you crazy. i only had til the afternoon as it turned out i had already passed the pregnancy before i went it in but still, not an experience i wish to repeat xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->