What would you do about sorting baby clothes?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I am nearly 26 weeks now and team yellow. I already have one dd and one ds, so I have plenty of baby clothes. Is it too early to start washing them? We don't have any storage sorted for baby yet. We're in a 3 bed house and we're getting an extension built to give us another bedroom, but we're still only at the structural engineer stage so it won't be done before baby arrives. He/she will be in our room at first anyway, but I hadn't considered the clothing/storage situation some how. So the clothes would end up back in a bag or storage box, but I wouldn't put them back in the loft. It seems to long to wash them and then restore but life is busy and I don't know how to get everything done at the mo! Also, would you wash girl specific AND boy specific early weeks/months clothes? Or would you stick to neutrals and only wash whatever gender we're blessed with? Thanks for any advice! I'm not thinking straight at the moment it feels like!

Could you maybe get some plastic storage drawers in the mean time? I would also wash gender neutral and a few pink and a few blue, no point washing everything and giving yourself extra work, i usually wash between 32-342 weeks xx

I would wash the gender neutral clothes and separate them into newborn, 0-3 and 3-6 months, possibly 6-9 months too, either in bags or in boxes just so that they're easy to find when you need then.

I'm big on my organisation so I've long washed and sorted the wardrobe and chest of drawers :haha:

Agreed I sorted them by size. I'm not washing them for another couple weeks. I'll only wash my NB and 0/3. As he grows, I'll wash them in size sets. I'd wash by like colors if I had a huge variety of "girl" colors versys "boy" colors. I'm doing lights and darks and calling it a day lol

I'm in the same predicament except I have 2 daigjters. I have some boy clothes I've collected and I've washed them, so I'll pull out newborn girl clothes and wash them too and then once baby gets here we will wash which ever ones we need from there. So I'm just washing newborn sizes for now!

I don't wash baby clothes until 34-35 weeks along. Then, I wash and dry and immediately put them away in the drawers baby will be using. Otherwise, I keep the clean clothes in space bags, separated by season, sex, and size. So, I'm only doing a quick wash (literally using a quick wash cycle or even just a rinse and spin with some vinegar) to get the "plastic bag" smell out of them. I am 31 weeks along and am now starting to sort through baby clothes because I plan on selling most of them off at a yard sale and donating the rest, but the clothes I'll be using are going right back into the space bag for a few more weeks. I'm hoping to get all of this sorting done before it's time to start washing and putting away clothes. :) That being said, I take half a day in between other tasks to do the wash/dry/sort of all the baby clothes along with deep cleaning the dresser/changing table drawers and sorting the changing table as well as filling it with everything the newborn will need, although I'll have to fix it up again by the time the baby comes... because... kids... Oh, and I fill the changing table with newborn items and the dresser with 0-3 and 3-6 items. That way, I don't have to dig out any more clothes for the busiest of months (except for changing the seasons of my "big kid" clothes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->