What would you do??.......Updated!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Sassy_TTC, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Sassy_TTC

Sassy_TTC Poppy & Zac's Mummy :-D

Hi girls, after 4 months away I'm finally back, got my :bfp: on Monday and have been on :cloud9: every since!

As anyone can imagine I'm feeling very nervous and scared this time around! I have my first scan in 3 weeks 4 days to check all ok with baby!

Now question is, when should we tell our parents?? Last time around nobody knew I was pregnant until I was admitted to hospital for surgery, poor Hubby had to phone our parents and break the news a) that i was pregnant b) that I was in hospital losing our baby! Our parents were of course devastated and very hurt that we hadnt told them!

I feel like maybe we should tell them tomorrow, mainly because if anything does go wrong this time I will really need their support.

What would you do???

So on Chirstmas day I gave my mum and partner a card, I wrote inside "To Nanny and Grandad, Cant wait to meet you, lots of love, Baby W" my mum broke down she sobbed for about 10 mins, shes sooo happy and I'm so glad we told them. Boxing Day we told my brother, he said we had made his Christmas and is over the moon that he finally going to get a niece/nephew!
    Hubby finally plucked up the courage to tell his parents yesterday, they are also very happy even though they dont want to became grandparents before they are 50! haha - tough! His lil Sister is sooo excited and cant wait to babysit.

I'm very happy that our immediate family knows now, I'm goin to enjoy being pregnant and keep my fingers crossed that our much wanted bubba is going to be ok!xx

2. stephx

stephx Well-Known Member

I would tell them. It would be an awesome xmas pressie for them :D and like you said... you need support if anything was to happen.

Good luck let us know how it gos!!

xx

3. africaqueen

africaqueen Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear of your past experiance hun.
    Personally i would tell your parents tomorrow. Give them some happy news and im sure u will be fine this time around and u will need support ;-)

When is your dd? mine is 1st sep x

4. LittleAurora

LittleAurora 2 boys 1 girl :)

I am telling my parents and OH is calling his to tell them tomorrow! We cant wait! Just do it!....where is the law that says you have to wait?...SHARE THE JOY! XX

5. stephx

stephx Well-Known Member

Oh and I forgot to say... Congrats on the xmas BFP!!!! :D

xx

6. allyb2167

allyb2167 Active Member

Hi, I lost a my 2nd pregnancy at 11+ and immediately fell pregnant again. I am probably around 9wks+ We also have the same dilema as you - we have decided to tell parents for the same reasons you descirbed.. They dont know about previous pregnancies so we figured due to the time of year and not mentioning previously we should this time.

They will be delighted i am sure xxx

Merry Christmas!!

7. Sassy_TTC

Thanks girls, I think we should tell them! I wanted to do something really sweet but its too late to get anything now, oh well.xxx

Not sure when I'm due, I think about 28th August but will find out at my first scan!x

8. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

Tell them!! It will be a nice surprise for them. Just don't be too surprised if you get the..."don't you think it's too soon?" question. I did...not sure about anyone else in this situation...

9. pinkandfluffy

pinkandfluffy Pregnant with Number 2!

Hi hun, just replied on your post on my thread and saw this - I think whenever you're comfortable really - as I said on mine they will be the guys I'll want support from if anything does happen, but I can understand if you have had probs previously you may feel happier waiting.

Have a lovely day whatever you decide :hugs:

10. sunshine114

sunshine114 Well-Known Member

We told our parents at 4 weeks, I say go for it!

11. Sassy_TTC

Updated page 1.