what would you do?

Mynxie

Reaction score
There's a phishing scam for Barclays bank (you know the kind, they call, please confirm your details blah blah blah then they do off with your money)

Thing is, my number was obviously once someone elses' number and it's them that they are asking for.

I tried to call barclays, got through to India and they don't know what a phising scam is etc.

I know that it's probably getting involved when I shouldn't - but I feel like I should be making the bank aware that someone is trying to steal someone elses money, you know?

definately a phising scam, the number that rang me (or rather, rang her) was - @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> 0845 3004275

I dont know about Barclays but we are with First Direct and they have a secure online message service through online banking. How about sending a message via that if there is one?

Thats one of the reasons we love our bank, all the Call Centres are in the UK and it is so much easier when you have a problem xxx

we been getting calls from barclaycard for OH credit card, i rang them 3 times after 3 different calls from scammers and they aint interested i even rang the police

Lou
xxx

I can't find anything on their website other than reporting phishing emails

TBH I'm not overly keen on them having any of my info other than my telephone number IYKWIM, there's no need for them to have my info so I don't wanna give them it (email addy inc)

I've recieved emails from 'barclays' telling me to confirm details, i just delete them!

i think you have tried to do everything you can, if barclays are not interested there is not much more you can do xx

If youve sent them a mail or tried to call and they are ignoring it then thats all you can really do hun, dont go opening yourself up to get scammed

Ive never known them do fone calls before - looks like theyve stepped up a gear. Sly sh*ts.

Wouldnt know what to suggest tho!

I suppose that she may not get scammed cause they can't get the last few details that they want, but it's still pretty sad - don't you think?

I would have hoped if it was my bank account, my bank would take this a little more seriously! How awful would it be for this Marissa girl to end up having al her money stollen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->