What would you do??

mz_jackie86

Reaction score
Im so angry with the doctor, i had to see gp as my midwife was booked up and today is my due date!!!
So i go in and straight away she asks why i am seein her and not a midwife so i tell her...she tells me to jump on the couch as normal so i do and she just stares at me and my belly for about a minute....then starts prodding it with 2 fingers and DOESNT check babies heartbeat, doesnt check my urine!
Says my bp is highish for me, asks if i have headaches and blurred vision, i said yes i do she asked was it today i said no she goes oh well thats ok then....After being tested for pre-eclampsia last wek because of all this.....

So i asked her what do i do now and she says "i dont know".....call the hospital and ask for a sweep!!!

OMG!!!!!

She made me feel like such an inconvenience and she didnt help me at all i just walked out! ITS MY DUE DATE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
Now i feel like...i dont even no i feel so shitty now and i dunno what to do i got a midwife appt next thursday but i dnt even no if ill get a sweep or anythin!!!!! Im so pissed off!!!!

Sorry for moaning!!! xxx

I would get on the phone first thing in morning and tell them you not happy and stressed because of this.
What was she thinking??
You should have had bubs HB checked,asked about their movements,BP done ,everything.

I would go mad on the phone,she is at fault.
And it is worse having you sit at home for a week stressing about this.
Not good for you or bubs.
Definitley call them hun xxx

Babe can you not get in with MW before next thurs ? as we are practically same due date i saw my midwifey on tues and they will be calling around and doing my sweep next tues so u should be next wed really for your sweep !

Have you got like a community midwife number you can call i think its quite important u get your sweep booked in before next thurs hun I am having someone come to the house to do it if bubs hasnt arrived by then x x :hugs:

Dont you have any drop in clinics or anything at your local surgery or health centre .. my MW was fuly booked for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy but they had a drop in clinic where you could be seen.

I got a community midwife no on my notes ill call them tomorrow....

Im gunna go and complain 2moro tho im still so pissed off!! x

Ring that babes and either a) demand to be seen for a 'proper' appointment or
b) get sweep booked !

i think the healthcare service (NHS) is deteriorating so fast .... the care that i have received during my pregnancy has been horrendous i will be making a complaint once all this is over ... x x

I don't blame you.
I am angry for you hun xxx
She should have checked more especially as you complained of vision etc

Awwww huni!!! i would be doing the same thing!! Call the clinic and let them have a piece of your mind. There is no way they can treat you like they have!
You need to be treated alot better than that!!!!

Are you due today (the 16th) as well or???

Im due 15th babe!!

I wudnt of even minded if she said she wasnt to hot on the antenatal and asked to move me with another dr but she didnt...and she looked so bewildered when i said i was there for maternity she actually said " so why are u seein me"!!! thanks girls ill def be ringin tomorrow...when i rang hosp they said sumthin bout a weekend clinic so ill look into that maybe get a sweep this wkend!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->