what would you do

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
me and my partner decided tonight that we would like 2 change our baby girls name from Isabella to Isobelle ... not a huge difference but a slight change, just because after saying it to strangers and repeating to myself over in my head I just think its quite a mouthful, no offence to anyone with the name at all. We chose this name at our 20week scan so it has stuck with us for 16weeks and all the family, rather regrettingly now, were told what we had picked, just so my bump had a lil idenity...

If I am honest I never really loved Isabella but went with it because my family members quite liked it, so I thought, hmmmm I guess it's stuck now, although when she is born, and even now, she will probably more known as Izzie, which I adore.

So, after this decision I updated my Facebook status as per our decision and my aunty commented saying basically its a good job, or I had better hope, no1 has bought a personalised gift for the baby, although for Christmas my Grandma bought a "Santa Please Stop Here Isabella Has Been Good" for next Christmas, and so I would have been in big, big trouble, which hit a nerve with me. I am getting quite annoyed because all through my life I have done things, or have been made to feel, that decisions or choices I make have to make my Grandma happy, she is a very traditional woman and I actually dreaded telling her I was pregnant at 23 because I am un-married althogh me and my partner have been together almost 10years and living together for of those!! But thankfully she took it OK...

So basically I kind of snapped at my aunties comment and said it is our decision and it's basically my Grandma's choice 2 by personalised gifts even before she is born and that if my sexing scan was wrong and I end up having a boy, then thats completely out of my hands, so basically Grandma is daft for buying anything just yet.

Sorry for this long winded rant, I basically thought I would ask for your advice, do I keep Isabella for arguments sake, or stick to my guns and do what I feel is right...????

xxx

definitely call your baby what you want to call her, even if you change it to something completely different to Isabella, its your decision! xxx

I love the name Isobelle. It's a little more unique than Isabella. She's your baby---you, and no one else, gets to decide on the name.

I love the name Isobelle. It's a little more unique than Isabella. She's your baby---you, and no one else, gets to decide on the name.

I completely and utterly agree with this!
Its ur choice, do you really want to stick with Isabella for a santa stop here sign? lol xxx

I completely and utterly agree with this!
Its ur choice, do you really want to stick with Isabella for a santa stop here sign? lol xxx

lol no but im worried incase she has ordered more personalised gifts now ... even though thats her silly choice before ive even had her...

i always seem 2 have 2 please everyone else :cry:

xx

Name your baby whatever you want to name her, it's your baby, not your families members baby!

It's there problem if they've bought personalised bits! Change her name as you see fit, she's your baby afterall!

OMG call her poo pants if you want she is YOUR baby no one else's!!!!!!!

I know what u mean, but at the same time if u want to call her Isobelle and don't, you will regret it, and probably unknown to you, and not meaning to, hold it against your Grandmother. I would call her, let you know and say I am sorry if this has messed any plans up, but we don't feel Isabella is for us, and have found a similar name that we have fell in love with.
I personally don't pick names before birth after making the mistake with my first (well it was a mistake for us)
With my first from 20 weeks scan up until she came, she was Erin-Mae. And then she came, and it didnt suit her. And we were like "CRAP!!" what do we do? A few people called it her after, and we had to tell them no we've changed it to "so and so".
She still got a card with it on too haha.
xxx

My grandma is no easy person 2 approach lol and I will be able 2 hear the disappointment in her voice grrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... and then have 2 have a lecture..

but im gonna be a mum which means i am an adult and need 2 face this head on!

xxx

To be blunt, if you do decide to change the name...your gran will just have to get over it if she has chosen to rush out and buy personalised gifts already. lots of people decide to change the name of their baby once he or she is born - i mean really i would have thought that even if your gran is majorly pissed off now at the possibility of a name change...once the baby is here she'll probs be that happy and made up that a small modification to the name wont matter.

well as i said before, and 2my aunty, if they got it wrong and she is infact a he, it wudda been a no brainer anyway, hahaha

xxx

Tell people you are having a name wobble, you aren't sure about the name say what your thinking to stop anybody else ordering personallised gifts.

But wait until baby is here to announce the name incase you decide, she just doesn't look like either an Isobelle or Isabella she looks like a Jemma or something completely diffrent.

The amount of parents who have confessed to changing their choice of names to me is amazing.

You could try getting Grandma into a conversation about how she picked her kids names, what were they going to be if opposite sex etc did she change mind when she saw them.

If she gets bothered, just tell her you will refund whatever personalised gift she has purchased. There just is no pleasing some people, I say as long as you and your OH are happy that is all that matter hun.:flower:

I agree with the above poster. Say you're having a wobble on Isabella and not sure now what her name will be. This way, you can chnge your mind as often as you like without anyone knowing what names you were thinking!
If any one asks me, I tell them what we're thinking but always stress that I'll probably change my mind at the last minute!

J x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->