What would you do?

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
I had my compo money yesterday and was planning to use it towards a new car. Well this morning I found a good deal... Vauxhall astra sxi 1.4, 06 plate 44,000 miles for £2800 with 6 months tax and mot. But my cheque wont clear until Wednesday :-( and I can't get enough money without the cheque clearing. I contacted the seller as I as gunna go up tomorrow to view it and he has said if I leave a deposit of £100 he will hold it for me until Wednesday.... I haven't done a hpi check yet but I dunno if I should or not lol :wacko:

TBH I wouldn't hand over a deposit.

Yeah he might say he will hold it till your cheque clears but if someone comes along with cash, they will sell it and you may be £100 down.

It's up to you.

I always do one, DF has accused me of being over cautious but I don't feel comfortabel not doing. I wouldn't have a problme leaving a deposit if I'd seen the car at the sellers house (actually saw them go in and out the house not just met them outside) and had a contact number for them plus a recepit for the deposit.

If I do plan on handing over a deposit I will deffo do a hpi check before hand it's just I'm not very good at trusting ESP as I don't know the guy! Looking for a cheap hpi check now, want one including outstanding finance x

Eta think I worded my first post wrong, I didn't mean to say I dunno if I should or not about the hpi check it was about handing over a deposit lol

Definitely do a HPI check, I made the mistake of buying a £1400 without a HPI check and it was Cat C Write off.

Didn't get it, was too dodgy. Was a cat d and had already had 5 owners and the bloke had a crash in July, sold it to someone in September and he was trying to sell it already....

Definitely do a check on the car first. I wouldnt be comfortable with leaving a deposit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->