What would you get?

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
Ok what would you get someone baby present wise who has pretty much everything??

My friend who has anything and everything she needs or could want, is in the hospital at the moment giving birth and I don't know what to get her. She's got so much clothes wise (she goes out and spends loads on almost a daily basis) got her bouncer, monitor everything!

She went and bought me a bath and change mat set which I needed (and meant a lot to me as I've got a lack of money for bits n pieces) and I wish there was something I could get that would mean just as much to her. Sorry I'm rambling but I would appreciate any and all ideas.

xx

Why not get something personal for the baby like a wooden jigsaw set or a baby book. Oooo or a nice newborn photo frame

A clay set to imprint baby hands and feet is a wonderful gift to give a close friend, it will last her a lifetime and when the baby gets older they'll be able to look back on it together. Max Spielman the photo shop sells them for £9.99.

I hope this helps, i know how hard it is to buy a gift for a close friend, you want it to be something really special that they'll love xxx

See I thought of that but she's already got a nice one that's got the picture for every year type thing and already got a baby book which she's more or less filled in. Thanks I might look at the jigsaw idea though.

I was going to do the clay imprint but she went and brought one for herself already, which is rather annoying really as she's not left a lot for others to get.
xx

What about a nice warm blanket? I actually made blankets for a few people who were having babies (no sew blankets--really easy to make and everyone seemed to love that I had hand-made a gift).

IOU's for a years worth of babysitting? It's not always the things that cost money that are most appreciated!

I like the jigsaw idea, but would get one with their first picture on done at Boots or Kilk or wherever :)

How about getting something for her rather than just the baby...like vouchers for a massage or pedicure, etc. I'm sure she'll be needing some pampering before long. Lx

Well the thing is with this friend of mine is that she's one of those people who has money to spend and regular gets her nails done, hair, pedicure everything otherwise again it's something I would have like to have done.

Vickie, No Sew Blanket.......are these a fairly common thing if I do a search online?

Thank you all for your ideas girls.

xx

How about consummables? Wrap up a bunch of stuff like shampoo, baby wash, wipes, diaper cream, etc. in a nice basket. At least you can be fairly sure it'll be used eventually.

I'd buy her a tree for her baby - you can get trees planted all over the world as part of a green initiative and they send you a lovely certificate thing. It's really nice and investing in that child's future world too.
https://www.carbonneutral.com/shop/details.asp?productid=1560&productname=Dedicate a tree.

Oh I like the tree idea - If she has a garden you could look at flowers or shrubs and it could be planted in her garden.

What about a hand-made 'rescue' hamper. Get a basket and fill it with a bottle of wine, some chocolate, a girly dvd, etc you get the idea. You can customise it with things you know she likes i.e. her favourite brand chocolate, minatures of her favourite drink etc.

alternatively, near me there are lots of pottery painting places. why not buy her a voucher for somewhere like that with the idea that she can take baby along later in the year?

How about an engraveable photo frame? Like if you wait until her baby is born and get a photo frame engraved with his/her name on it and DOB.

I'd look online & see if you could perhaps get her a blanket with Bubs details embroidered on to it. I love things like that :)

Or if she's a flash yummy mummy have a look at www.childresalon.com (thanks to Polo_Princess for the recommendation) It's got some absolutley gorgeous designer baby bits. I got my LO a Dior bottle & dummy from there :)

I know you said she's got clothes already but these are really lovely I think and clever too :)

https://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/preview/230364975alt1.jpg

https://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/product/230364975.jpg

https://www.johnlewis.com/230394642/Product.aspx

They come in yellow, blue and pink (£20-£45) and the flowers are made out of baby clothes.

:hug:

I was about to suggest the same as Elm!! I think baby blooms are a really lovely gift for someone, even though you say she already has clothes etc, I bet she would really appreciate something like that

https://www.babyblooms.co.uk/

That's the website for the company that makes them for John Lewis they tend to have a bit wider selection :)

Btw! Kelly you are so naughty for putting that website on here! All my friends children will be getting dior dummys for presents now!! :rofl:

Thank you so much ladies, you've given me some great ideas!! I shall have to get to it tomorrow xx

ooh i love the tree idea, i'd do that. My friend's little boy is coming up for one.

Shri, Where do you get them from? Online?

Oooh have you tried the wesite www.twisted-twee.co.uk they have totally quirky things that are really cool, or baby uggs (my obsession lol) Good Luck :)

Have you seen the photo frames that you put a picture a month in for the first year?? I think these look great, and you can really tell how much the LO is changing, whilst getting a permanent souvenir...

Em
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back