What would you like in a baby gift box.

T

Tilly

My boyfriends brothers girlfriend is pregnant (about 9-10 weeks at the minute) but I am starting to think of ideas for a little baby box - you know, little things like dummies, brush and comb, nappies etc.

What do you think are nice things to put in them? original things? any ideas?

Thanks

teddy, baby grow, vest, summin for mummy?

definately something for mum, lush do a lovely box set called mummy (its for mothers day but I would have loved to get that). Things we bought for our friend included a whoozit toy for baby, lavender oil that both mum and baby can use (great for healing mums and putting a dab on a tissue by the cot is good for sleep), somenice toiletries for mum so she could relax and some for dad too as they get left out, little outfits and socks and a few little toiletries for baby.

Oo I forgot to say that I was planning on getting her a few bits too, so she feels pampered :) don't want to forget about the mummy, I didn't get anything for myself in mine and I could have done with it.

My Brother and his OH done me a 'Mummy & Baby Hamper' it was so lovely, there were a few things for Noah the usual, baby gro, hat, booties and then there we're things for me, candles, loads bath stuff, one of those turbie towels, face masks, slippers, chocolates, photo album, nice hand cream and more....I forgot :dohh:

To be honest I had far too many baby gros and I'll be doing a hamper for one of my friends and in it I'm going to put.......

Johnsons baby bath, talc, shampoo, massage lotion etc
Weaning bowls, spoons & baby cup (will save her buying them at a later date)
Socks for older baby,
A book called 'First time parents' (we have it and it came in rly handy)
A book on weaning recipies
Bath stuff, nice candles, new pair of PJ's & just nice stuff for her.

I think its nicer to spoil mummy than the baby as the baby gets tons anyway....although I'll prob find something small for the baby that she can keep!
I had far too much stuff for a "new baby" and have hardly used anything, vouchers or something for an older baby would have been far more handy!

Aww sounds cute baby boo. Thanks for your ideas, i've been writing a list:

Little photo album
Baby record book
Booties/hat etc set
My Me to you Frame (if it's a girl)
Baby brush and comb set
Baby scissors
Baby sponges
Cotton buds
Cotton wool balls
Dummies?
Nappies
Johnsons baby stuff
Weaning spoons
Weaning bowls
First baby foods/snacks
Weaning recipes

Few things for natalie:
face masks
body cream/bath stuff
Candles?

For jamie:
A new dad book

Any of you know of some more original things? I don't want to be too predictable almost? *for example, someone posted a nice site with personalised dummies etc*

id take out the cotton buds lol, i had these but never used them on the kids :rofl: tho i was told id need them, i never knew what for :rofl:

I love Cotton buds! Bethanie gets filthy little ears, so I use them after her bath. I love seeing the dirty wax on it lol (I know im a bit dirty like that). I know Natalie uses them anyway, so even if she uses them for herself .. ah well. ;)

boo hoo i feel left out why doesnt someone make me a mummy and baby hamper.

boo hoo

i dont know about in the box but there is a cool site where u can get ribbon printed with names on but i guess that would mean getting it after they had the baby xxx

Not that it helps u now cus its not christmas but i got a babies 1st xmas bauble for the tree wiv oliver's name on it in my box which i thought was lovely! lol. Other stuff i had was:
Johnsons baby bath
baby oil
baby talc
baby shampoo
bepanthem nappy cream
nappies
wet wipes
cotton wool
cotton buds
baby nail scissors
brush and comb
dummies
personalised baby towel
sponges
calpol
gripe water
bibs
booties, hat and mittens
bonjella
weaning bowl, cup and spoon
rattle
teether
teddy
baby record book

for me:
pregnancy book
palmers cocoa butter
perfume
lavender pillow spray
bubble bath
candles
massage oil
mini manicure set
chocolate x

Probably the nicest thing I got was from a mate of mine who got me a couple of fleecy blankets for in the pram/car seats, etc. One was pink and the other blue and she'd embroidered their names onto them. They were so lovely and we use them every day. People often ask me where I got them.

Probably the nicest thing I got was from a mate of mine who got me a couple of fleecy blankets for in the pram/car seats, etc. One was pink and the other blue and she'd embroidered their names onto them. They were so lovely and we use them every day. People often ask me where I got them.
I think you had them posted in a threaD? (hope that was you lol).

Thanks sammi, a lot of that stuff I was planning on getting ;)

So far I have:
Large cotton wool balls
Cotton buds
Joshsons baby shampoo
Johnsons intense moisture cream
Johnsons baby cream bath
I love my mummy bib
I love my daddy bib
Baby brush and comb set
Baby nail scissors
Little wrist rattle
Dummies
Ramer baby sponge

Can't wait to buy more, I get so carried away!

What a lovely idea! - I'm sure your friend will love it!

You know what I would have loved? - A voucher owing me a few hours to myself.....your days/hours/mins get so eaten up in the first few weeks that I would have loved a few hours for things like a long hot bubble bath etc....Somehow there was only ever time for a quick shower!

What a lovely idea! - I'm sure your friend will love it!

You know what I would have loved? - A voucher owing me a few hours to myself.....your days/hours/mins get so eaten up in the first few weeks that I would have loved a few hours for things like a long hot bubble bath etc....Somehow there was only ever time for a quick shower!
You mean hand written kind of vouchers?? or you mean more of a spa type thing?

You mean hand written kind of vouchers?? or you mean more of a spa type thing?

Just handwritten - Kind of an IOU from you! It doesn't cost anything, but its something I would have appreciated lol

Definatley put something for mummy in, everyone always forgets the mummy and it's us that has to go through all the pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->