Whatcha reading?

LadyofRohan

Mummy to Éowyn
Reaction score
Is anyone doing any reading in preparation for TTC and baby? If so, what have you read and what did you think of the book?

I've been devouring books every since we decided to TTC a little over a month ago. I've read:

What to Expect When You're Expecting: I've heard from alot of people not to read this because it will just make you nervous/scared about every little symptom. But I found it down to earth and I didn't mind learning about the risks, etc. I think it's good because it gives you an overall view of everything instead of focusing on just one aspect on pregnancy. I think it's a good 'starter' book.

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth: I loved this book. So far it's my favorite. The first half is a collection of stories about childbirth and the second half is full of information about the pros/cons of different procedures and drugs that are used in hospitals for childbirth. It is about natural childbirth, so if you're interested then this is the book for you!

The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Childbirth: I'm currently reading this one. I'm about halfway through. It's definitely geared towards natural childbirth, so mostly focuses on that. So far I haven't learned anything new that I didn't read in Ina May's book.

On the my shelf still to be read are Dr. Sear's book series: The Pregnancy Book, The Birth Book, and The Baby Book. I also have Natural Childbirth, The Bradley Way as well.

Obviously my choices are geared towards natural childbirth because that's they way I want to go! But I'm interested in learning what others have read and what you thought of the books! I always welcome a little more to read :thumbup:

Havent got any books yet as OH will freak out. My favouite site is is homebirth.org.uk and the mothercare website.

I just finished What to Expect Before You're Expecting and found it very informational, yet easy to understand. I'm now reading Your Best Birth. Just started it, so I don't have an opinion yet.

I have bought "Make me a baby" which is ok, but reading back on it now, after months on here, it seems a bit basic and there's not enough information on there. For example it assumes everyone's luteal phase is the same, no notes to say this could vary and just little bits like that get on my nerves!!

The other we bought is "the blokes guide to expecting" or something like that - that is a good read and interesting to read from a male point of view,

Mainly I read stuff on here though. I think when we start trying I might buy the "what to expect" book :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->