Whatever happened to 'getting it right first time'?

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Can no companies ever do this these days?:hissy:

I'm sorry that I'm only coming on here for a rant, but because AOL are one of these companies, it now takes me 3 minutes to navigate between pages and I'm getting more and more p***ed off by the minute. So I'm having a rant, then buggering off till Monday when I can hopefully pop on at work!!

Since moving house, it has been a catalogue of errors. I'll list the ones I can remember at the minute.

1. Tesco's would not acknowledge the postcode so it took me 3 weeks to get my shopping delivered. Their system won't let them over-ride a postcode if it's not recognised!
  2. Next won't send my orders to the local courier (my sister in law!!), they insist on sending them to Parcelforce who either cannot find me, or leave me a card as I'm at work and I then have to drive a 14 mile round trip to their depot. Oh, and then they deliver a very heavy piece of furniture that I cancelled 2 weeks ago to my next door but one neighbour (brand new houses, they have no idea if I speak to her or not), and then when I phone the, to arrange collection they want to pick it up Mon-Fri. I explain I work, I arrange for it to be collected from work, lug it in, leave it in reception, and the courier doesn't turn up! Then they deliver an order twice, that order was: 2 towel bales, 2 bath sheets, 2 bath mats. So now I have 4 of each!! And the carpet runner and bathroom chrome bins I really want have gone AWOL!
  3. AOL let me fill in the form to move house for broadband on the 2nd April, even though I wasn't getting the keys till the 5th, and BT couldn't connect the line till the 18th (and they charged me £125 for that!!!!). It should have took 20 working days, so I phoned them on the 3rd May to ask how much longer and they said the order was stuck in the system. Get this - it's my fault for giving them advanced notice!!! Their system couldn't cope!! So they cancelled that order, then re-ordered it. But the incompetent woman ordered a half meg line instead of 8 meg, and it's going to take another 7-10 days to sort!
  4. We only had a bath fitted and no shower, so I found out what the tiles were from the site manager, and ordered some more from Porcelanosa. I picked them up last Saturday, got them home, and they had sent me the wrong ones!!! So I have had to return them and get the right ones, but that involved another 9 mile round trip.
  5. I phoned Npower on the day we got the keys to ask them to supply the gas and lecky, and yesterday I got a letter from them saying they habve had to cancel the gas request as I haven;t provided them the MPR (meter point reference) from the old company! I rang them and told them it was a brand new house and I hadn't had a gas bill yet. He asked me for the serial number of the meter, but I said I didn't have a key. He then said I had to phone Transco to request the MPR. Rang them and he told me that as it was a new house, I needed to call any supplier and explain this to them and they would create a temporary MPR! I rang Npower back with this, but I'm not holding out much hope!!
  6. I'm having the shower fitted tomorrow, so ordered the shower screen from Argos to be delivered today. This cost me £2.95 more for Sat delivery between 7 and 3. At 2.50 I rang them to say I hadn't received it, to be told the driver couldn't find me!!!! I said I had been asked to proved a phone number when I placed the order and she told me that delivery drivers don't have mobile phones!!!!!!! So I told her to stuff it and cancel the order, and it's going to take 7 days for the refund!! But they took the money from my account on Tuesday when I placed the order. To say I was disgusted is an understatement!!!!!!
Anyway, rant over (promise!! :blush: ). I'm off outside with my red flags to direct the takeaway guy to the right house!!! :wacko:

Awww Amanda - Joys of a new built house I guess but it must be awful for you right now :hugs:

LOL @ the red flags might be a good idea for the future - often when ordering you can put on delivery notes?!

Awww Amanda .. sorry to hear that things are not going smoothly for you. Must be awful having so many problems when it should be a happy time starting off in your new home. Hope things get sorted for you soon hun. :hugs:

We too had problems setting electric up when we moved, due to Southern electric having problems getting meter ref. It took them nearly 9 months. I went bananas with them. They said i could pay bill off in bits.They then offered a peanuts discount and to top it all off asked if i wanted to pay by dd. I asked if they were having a laugh 'cos there was no way i'd trust them with my bank account. I also told them i was going to go to SWEB once debt paid off. 10 mins later she rang me back and said seeing it was ther fault they'd write it off.

I'm off outside with my red flags to direct the takeaway guy to the right house!!! :wacko:

Right - the non-English speaking Cypriot from the local kebab shop found us within 35 minutes, so why can't Next and Argos????!! :hissy: :rofl:

I've calmed down a little today, but have just rang Argos to arrange the refund, and they have told me they are attempting delivery again today!:wacko: So houses must be easier to find on a Monday than a Saturday!! :dohh:

Awww Hugs Amanda!

I despair of these big companies, and I swear, it is turning in to a full time job just 'sorting out' all their mistakes!!
it seems that everything we buy has some issue, it does my head in!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"