Whats better? a sling or a carrier

T

Tilly

I like the Moby slings, but I also like the Baby Bjorn carriers or similar style ones. I watched the demo on the Moby site and thought it looked good, but a bit of a pain in the bum, but then I looked on the Baby Bjorn site and am not sure if theres are much easier to be honest.

What do you all reckon?

for newborns, i'm all for the moby! very comfy. seems to act like a swaddle for the heat-seeking LO. makes me feel LO is secure against me.

carriers are good for older babies. they always seem too big & too exposed for tiny bundles of joy, however they give freedom of movement & feel more durable for the bigger, heavier, bulkier older baby.

in terms of prep time & all, putting a moby on becomes easier & quicker after the first few times. as you can see, moby has a very satisfied customer in me. ;) hope this helps.

The Moby is good once you get to know how to use it. The Bjorn is pretty much idiot proof.

I have a bjorn, but if i had a choice between that and the Moby, it would be the moby as you can do more with it.

I hated my carriers, I had a few different brands including the "best" front carrier the baby bjorn. They weren't very comfy, hurt my hips (which I have bad hips) I had a hard time figuring out the wraps, it just became a pain though many mama's love them. I personally like my mei tai carrier best, it's great. I still use it with Hayden who is almost 22mo old. I got mine from babyhawk.com they are great!

Thanks for your suggestions :) we ordered a moby sling last night, hopefully it will be good. :)

thats good hon :D i only ever had a carrier with maddi, and tbh, i wished i'd gone for a sling, so much more comfy they look! x

I had a baby bjorn one and I hated it. Lily was 9lb 3 and I could still only carry her a short while in it. It also didn't feel like she was supported enough for me. I love the look of the Moby ones tho, looking into getting one for new baby :)

I have a Cuddlywrap, which is identical to the Moby wrap. Tying it really isn't that hard. I was shown once how to do it and was able to do it myself from then on. I have a Bjorn as well, both have their plus and minuses I guess.

Personally for the money you spend on a Bjorn, and for as long as you use them I don't find them overly practical. Claire is a big girl, at 7 months she's pretty much almost past the weight restriction for the Bjorn. Also, it's not comfortable compared to the Cuddlywrap.

With the Cuddly/Moby wrap you can use it up until they are toddlers... basically however long you feel like wearing your baby. If I had known how much I liked mine, I would've never registered for the Bjorn in the first place.

I don't know how tall you are... but a word of warning, if you are short like me (I'm 5'1) regular carriers don't fit right!

The only sling I've got along with is the one that is a long piece of fabric that you wrap around yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->