What's for dinner?

Deutschette

Mum of 1!
Reaction score
I had a burst of energy today and made a lovely dinner for hubby and I: spicy baked chicken served with roasted bell pepper and potatoes, corn, green beans and rolls. Heavenly. Best thing I've cooked in a loooong while. :haha:

What are you ladies having for dinner? :flower:

Hubby's out of town so it's just me and DD for the week, but last night we had pineapple bbq pulled chicken done in a crock pot with cheese and put on whole wheat rolls. Then I made banana bread for dessert.

Hubby's out of town so it's just me and DD for the week, but last night we had pineapple bbq pulled chicken done in a crock pot with cheese and put on whole wheat rolls. Then I made banana bread for dessert.

Think I could talk you into sharing that banana bread recipe? :winkwink:

nothing posh just omlette with garlic phillidelphia instead of normal cheese bacon and sausages :) i havent had anything egg in ages so i wanted an omlette was nice :)

Will be doing an easy dinner tonight...probably a sausage casserole

Sounds really good!

Tonight I'm making a sausage/rice/veggie casserole, and freezing half for when baby is here. If I have lots of energy I'll also make a chicken tortilla soup for tomorrow and also freeze half.

sausages and mash for me :) with lots of gravy and peas, carrots and sprouts! yummy!! i wasnt a fan of sausages before being pregnant, and i prefered mash and cheese to mash and gravy but it was delicious! mmm was so sad when i was full because i wanted to keep eating it! getting hungry again now though lol xxx

Sure! Best banana bread ever. :p

1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired

Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.

Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into pans.

Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack.

Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.

Just ordered from our fave chinese, we're having peking duck with pancakes, egg fried rice and a deluxe dim sum combination ! YUMMM !!!

Mmmmm food talk :)

Tonight is Wild Pink Salmon fillets, cauliflour cheese, boiled potatoes and veg :)

I really need to learn how to cook ladies, my OH cooks every night as I have a phobia with cookers, ovens - anything that relates to fire. I am now on maternity leave and feel so bad having my OH come in from work to cook everynight, i cant let it happen the whole time im off - so I need to get my butt into gear and stop being a whoss lol.

xx

i'm having roast lamb, lamb has been cooking for 11 hours in the slow cooker, roasted onion potatoes and veggies. Hurry up home husband!

Ohh.. I have no idea, OH is working and won't be home til nearly midnight.. I'm hungry now though reading about everyone elses dinners! :o

Just had some leftover pork stew with steamed veggies. Will probably have a second dinner later on of leftover beef stew. I love leftover days, beats having to cook.

Tonight, we'll be having baked chicken with mushroom-herb cream sauce, roasted potatoes and red cabbage. Last night, we had Tuscan-style meatballs with mozzarella, basil-tomato cream sauce and noodles. :D

I love food. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->