Whats going on with my 5 month old :(

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by funkyfish586, Jan 27, 2011.

1. funkyfish586

funkyfish586 Well-Known Member

im so very tired. We have just got throught the 4 month massive growth spurt & now for some reason all this week Isla has been feeding through the night every 2 hours :wacko:

Shes defo hungry as she swallows & makes sounds like shes starving, feeding really quick. I have no support what so ever with breastfeeding & im really at the end of my tether with waking up so much in the night :(

Is this a weaning sign? Shes feeding normally in the day :coffee:x

2. dizzymeg

dizzymeg Well-Known Member

it could be a sign of weaning - i would call your HV if they are useful, and have a chat to them. I have a friend who had to wean early too due to night feeding. Was she feeding when he had the growth spurt in the night? could it be a hangover from that? anyway she can be settled at least from some of the feeds?
    hope it gets better soon
    I am at the end of my tether too but for diff baby reasons! x

3. girlsmooch

girlsmooch new mum of 1

my lo is exactly the same at the moment! no advice but ur not on your own i'm knackered!

4. funkyfish586

funkyfish586 Well-Known Member

thanks both, she was feeding day & night through the 4m growth spurt but this is just at night. Do you think formula would fill her up? x