What's going on?

Janene2005

Reaction score
My DD is almost 3m, EBF, and for the last 3 days she's been SUPER fussy. She won't let me put her down and even when I'm holding her she's still screaming. She hates the paci so the only time she quite is while nursing but she keeps unlatching her self and pushing the breast away but then screams for it. I give it back to her and then she does it agin. We do this for about 15min until it hurts to much to keep going. If she's not doing that she'll nurse for 45min/1hr on each side, just pacifying mostly, and even if she falls asleep and I take my nipple out of her mouth, she'll wake up screaming for it. She's never been like this before. I checked her temp and it's normal. She's not coughing or sneezing, she's not having diarrhea or throwing up. Some of her poops have been dark green through and she's spitting up a little more then normal, even with her reflux medication. She's having plenty of wet and poopy diapers so I know she's getting enough milk. I have a 2yo as well so I can't just nurse her all day but that's exactly what it feels I've been doing. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

My DD is almost 3m, EBF, and for the last 3 days she's been SUPER fussy. She won't let me put her down and even when I'm holding her she's still screaming. She hates the paci so the only time she quite is while nursing but she keeps unlatching her self and pushing the breast away but then screams for it. I give it back to her and then she does it agin. We do this for about 15min until it hurts to much to keep going. If she's not doing that she'll nurse for 45min/1hr on each side, just pacifying mostly, and even if she falls asleep and I take my nipple out of her mouth, she'll wake up screaming for it. She's never been like this before. I checked her temp and it's normal. She's not coughing or sneezing, she's not having diarrhea or throwing up. Some of her poops have been dark green through and she's spitting up a little more then normal, even with her reflux medication. She's having plenty of wet and poopy diapers so I know she's getting enough milk. I have a 2yo as well so I can't just nurse her all day but that's exactly what it feels I've been doing. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

It sounds like baby is having a growth spurt and is cluster feeding. This is totally normal behavior, it can be hard when you have another LO to look after but try to remember it won't last forever. :hugs:

Keep an eye on the green poos - make sure you keep her on each side long enough. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->